Newbie here!!

Once you wrap your head around these engines they are pretty easy to make power with. Doing it yourself, you get to pick where it makes that power. With a mechanical background you shouldn't have a hard time unless you hate theory like Chris and I do lol.

Attachments

• tuners.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 274
Well then who do you all recommend?? Really I was thinking about just buying a GT 80 or a PK80 and do a cylinder swap to go liquid cooled (witch is what I really want to do) but I need to find someone who has been down that road so I can pick at there brain for a while..

So why pay someone to slap parts together and over charge for stuff that's probably not really done..

I really hope that handbook is as usefull as I hope!!! Thanks Soo much, yes I have a mechanical background and to top it I rent a room in the back of a machine shop, a dirt bike 2 stroke small engine machine shop!!!! Can Kustom Kraft Las Vegas NV... He mainly does big bore kits, you can look it up on Google, pretty well known from what I hear.. but I have access to all the machinery tools.. and I can get what he has in stock credit.. like Forged pistons, gasket kits, Sleeves from LA sleeves, jet kits.. and there's even a bunch of cylinders laying around

Well damn! The stock case will need a lot of added material and machining to accept the AM6 cylinder which is what zms uses. If you want to find a cylinder on your own, look for an engine with either a 38mm or 40mm stroke. That's a good starting point. Then cylinder height. All mine are 69.2mm.

Bicycle Motor Works has the billet cases and last I checked he had non drilled and drilled.

Well damn! The stock case will need a lot of added material and machining to accept the AM6 cylinder which is what zms uses. If you want to find a cylinder on your own, look for an engine with either a 38mm or 40mm stroke. That's a good starting point. Then cylinder height. All mine are 69.2mm.

Bicycle Motor Works has the billet cases and last I checked he had non drilled and drilled.

Ok so what is drilled and not drilled?? Someone else was telling me about a adapter for the am6..is that what you mean when you say added material??
And do I to go with the am6 doing a swap?? Because if I'm doing it then why not go to like a 110cc-125cc..or will that not work

I think if I had the resources you have available I would just get a KTM 65 engine with cooling system, and have the shop fab. mounts for the bike. More than enough power, great reliability, and still compact in size.

Ok so what is drilled and not drilled?? Someone else was telling me about a adapter for the am6..is that what you mean when you say added material??
And do I to go with the am6 doing a swap?? Because if I'm doing it then why not go to like a 110cc-125cc..or will that not work
I think like Gary said fab mounts and put a ktm l/c or any Japanese 80-85cc and that's plenty enough power and speed for a bicycle.The am6 with billet case and all the plumbing would cost more, put out less and allways be a pain in the ass whereas put a say yz 85 in a bicycle and you have a 70+ crazy fast ride that will be reliable, power train wise anyway LOL you will still have to build up the bike to withstand the task.

Best kit deal right now is the BMW PK80 w/ upgrades. $200 gets you a TRUE runwell PK80 (not clone) with CNC head, upgraded OZ mag, NGK plug and boot, case mounted spring tensioner, good quality port work, and all the jets from 60-70. Killer deal! He had 10 this morning and now only FOUR LEFT so would have to order within the next day to get one.

These are the best kits out right now using the newer injection molded cylinders and a true runwell 40mm rod with balanced crank. Only way it would be better is if it was using the sleeved G5 cylinder instead of the chrome plated...but for that price its hard to complain.

I think like Gary said fab mounts and put a ktm l/c or any Japanese 80-85cc and that's plenty enough power and speed for a bicycle.The am6 with billet case and all the plumbing would cost more, put out less and allways be a pain in the ass whereas put a say yz 85 in a bicycle and you have a 70+ crazy fast ride that will be reliable, power train wise anyway LOL you will still have to build up the bike to withstand the task.
My thoughts exactly. At that point there is no way I stick with a chinagirl...I'd put a KTM65 or bite the bullet on a monster KX85 motor and make more power without all the hassle and reliability issues. A KX85 would be bananas but I'd recommend a custom reinforced steel frame...even a felt faker would be sketchy with all that power and they are one of the strongest frames available right now.

Of course at that point you're talking moped or dirtbike wheels, expensive hubs(ghettobike rear hub only one I would trust north of 15hp if you want to keep pedals), a "real" triple tree fork (not the bicycle crap from china for $60, a moped or motorcycle fork), heavy duty spokes and hoops, hydraulic brakes, etc. Big money build. Just the rear wheel alone on my 4stroke project bike is costing me ~$350 (ghettobike hub, 34t sprocket, shimano hydraulic 203mm brake, 10ga spokes, 18" dirtbike hoop, motorcycle DOT tire) and that may be a little overkill but its what I personally want to feel safe with only ~20hp. A kx85 is 23hp BONE STOCK.

Drilled or non drilled is one is drilled for the stock cylinder and the other is blank so you can drill it to the correct pattern for other cylinders.

These guy all have valid points. I think the am6 top ends are cool but you still have a junk crank. Don't get me wrong, I love the cg but they are piles of s**t. You reach a point where it's not worth the effort.

Back