Newbie in need of help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by r.bradley, Jul 28, 2010.

  1. r.bradley

    r.bradley New Member

    Hi all, Just joined the forum after planning & saving up to build a MB to get me to uni/work and back. I'm looking to go the Legit route of registering etc but the only problem I've got is trying to insure the thing! Does anyone know of any insurance companies in the UK that are willing to insure a Motorized Bike? :confused:

    Any Help is much appreciated as I would prefer to keep my licence :rolleyes7:

  2. r.bradley

    r.bradley New Member

    Also, has anyone had any problems over here with the police? I first thought about trying to make it rack mounted to avoid any attention!
  3. wheelbender6

    wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

    From what I have read, you need to go electric to be street legal in the UK. The need for speed rated tires and a lot of other stuff makes it a real hassle to register a petro assisted bike there.
    However, if you are a die hard motor head, I understand that you are willing to endure the hassles of registration.
    Check the legal section of this site to see what others have experienced in the UK.
    Have a Tactical Nuclear Penguin for me.
  4. GearNut

    GearNut Active Member

    Welcome to the forum!
    Good luck with your build. I can appreciate the need for gas powered speed.
    Perhaps you may be better off with a Whizzer? At least they are factory made and that fact may make it easier to register and insure.
  5. r.bradley

    r.bradley New Member

    Cheers guys, I'll probably have to consider going electric if i can't get anywhere with the insurance issues but will first look into factory made MB's.
    Cheers for the help, very much appreciated and will keep any updates posted.