Newbie Needs Some Advice

It comes with a plate... for the big round frames.. look at my albums, i think i have a picture of my mounting setup.

Your pictures are too small to make anything out, do you have larger versions?
The pulley idea seems like a good one, I also thought of adding an extension to the clutch arm so that less force is required to move it.
You're also right about the tensioning wheel; it simply wouldn't stay in place, and I ended up having to drill through the frame and lock it in place with a bolt. Also I don't think the cheap plastic wheel will last long so I'm going to look for a sprocket to replace it with.
The motor mounts will be the hardest thing to figure out. Someone on here posted pictures (perhaps the ones I tried to view now) of a suspension mounted motor; if someone could provide some detailed instructions on how to built that, I would appreciate it.
I didn't expect this to be a simple install, but I didn't think it would be quite to challenging either. I think if these things are ever going to catch on, they'll have to become more manageable to those lacking in mechanical skills - and patience.

oh yeah... Troy made the suspension motor mount i also thought about doing that as well..

Oh yeah,, with the tensioner, i also drilled a hole through my frame, but it will still move.
it was ****. i discarded it, and took some links out of my chain so it will be tight enough without a tensioner..

go to http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/lildiesel6075/

that is my album, i have pictures and vidoes of my fourweeler, and bike

I can see only tragic results coming from your motor mounts. Fortunately, there are many threads on here concerning motor mounts, engine vibration, chain tensioners, clutches, etc. Read alot and you will be fine. But, please do something about those motor mounts right away.

The problem with simpifying the installation is that there are differences in the bike frames we choose to put these on. There is no "one size fits all" solution.

Just my opinion.

FYI: I have gottten 9 kits from Powerking. The instructions are almost useless. Every bike frame build is a little different. Sometimes the kits are different. Overall, I'm satisfied that I got what I paid for.

Last edited:
To improve the clutch arm movements remove the extra spring. The clutch cable assembly comes with 2 springs. The large one is to be used as a heat shield to keep the cable housing from melting against the cylinder. The other spring that goes between the cable adjuster on the engine to the clutch arm should be discarded. It is not necessary and only makes pulling the clutch in harder. Also make sure to lube the cable.

Check this our for good mounting technique.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13355

Last edited by a moderator:
Back