newbie question

B

bigboy64

hello, I was hoping I could get some assistance before I go ahead and by my engine. My question is if anyone knows if the gas tank can be placed on the Micargi Rover GTS without any modifications. The reason I ask is that the top bar on the frame is not a regular tube bar. Any assisitance would be greatly appreciated. This is what my bike looks like.
619_t_17289_011_7.jpg

Tank

It should fit. the clamps are pretty wide. Also, maybe you could resize your photo.

Thanks for the info, I think I figured out the image problem, I have to have it hosted somewhere according to the FAQ's

no hosting needed, we have an "upload pic" feature but you have to wait one day...it's our anti-spam filter :)

my bike frame is 35mm all around, bigboy64, i had no problem mounting the tank.

welcome to MBc 8)

Well, I 'spose we can just use this as your intro......so: Welcome!
How about you tell us a bit about yourself?

Thanks for the replys, I am a teacher in TX and am hoping to start my build soon. I am looking to get an 80cc from ebay. I have an electric scooter (vespa type), but would rather fix up my Rover. I have seen some of the cruisers you guys have built and think they are fantastic.

I am sure I will not get the desired speed :( , but I will mostly be riding in the neighborhood walkways and side streets.

Back