NEWBIE to forum

Esteban

Local time
4:06 PM
I am a NEWBIE to this forum & love to read the information about different engines on bikes. I have an Orline front friction drive on a 12 spd Schwinn bike. It runs & moves me [ 170 lbs ] & the bike pretty well. It is the same motor as Ohllson & Rice/Chicken Power . I live in Florida & the terrain here is mostly flat, making a friction wheel drive more ideal & much simpler, in my opinion.

welcome to MBc, Esteban :)

seeing as how i spent several years pedaling a diamondback "outlook" in palm beach county, i can agree that a friction drive would get you around most finely 8)

personally, i'm not familiar with your setup/engine...i'd like to know more, got pics for our gallery?

Welcome to the forum. I have never really heard much about friction drive, most of the members here have the chain drive and some have belt drive. Only a handful have friction drive. Do you have to have special tires?

Thanks for all the welcomes ! I posted a couple of pictures in the gallery of my ride. Ohllson & Rice topic. Take a look !
Motor runs pretty well. These were made in late 60' early 70's & put on bike kits, chainsaws, tiny generators, & more. Has a disengage lever & a clutch. Just pull start it, allow to warm up a bit, engage lever, & throttle up. It idles well when stopped & will even pull a rider off from a standstill. Top speed is maybe 16-20 on flat roads, & it is just as easy as a bike to pedal when not engaged.

Back