NEWBIE TO THE SCENE

B

Brianna Andrade

Wanting to purchase a 2-stroke engine for a cruiser i have laying around at home. Looking for the best bang for my buck, and was looking into THIS kit on ebay. Not looking for something too expensive since it's only a weekend cruiser, just something fun. Any suggestions?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
may just be old pic, but pic is of a fairly old style kit - I've heard that some folks are still selling older unbalanced crank motors

the old motors run OK, but will shake pretty good above 25mph

I've sort of enjoyed fixing up my cheapo eBay engine, and I learned a lot; but I don't particularly look forward to doing it again!
I had to buy some tools and replace some parts. It would have cost less to get the newer style engine if it was available in my backwards country.. I'm thinking it might even have been cheaper to get one shipped over here lol.
So I wouldn't recommend that you get a cheap kit unless you really want to get to know every part of it. The genuine Grubee or Zeda engines sound like they are much improved certainly for the "bolt on and go" builder. :)

Back