Newbie with a couple of questions

What is the difference between a WC-! and a NE-5?. I have a 2002. The reason I ask is that I have the original 2002 engine and may want a winter project to rebuild that engine as a spare.

New Generation Whizzers - WC-1 1999/2004 - NE-5 2005/2007 - NE-R 2007/2008 NE-R CVT 2008 - Ambassador - 2009
1999 - 2009 Total New generation Whizzers made is somewhere around 15,000. I could be wrong?
First I'll start by saying the stock WC-1 should be fine as long as ya don't go over 30 mph with modifications only to the crankcase venting
The NE-5 can be modified and pushed to speeds up past 60mph

This is just a basic outline of the WC-1 and NE-5 differences. The Whizzer section on this forum from 2004-2008 had alot of discussion on problems, repair and modifications to the WC-1 and NE-5 Which is more than can cover with this brief outline

WC-1 smaller cooling fins on the cyl - NE-5 larger cooling fins on the cyl
WC-1 2 of 9 head bolts go to the case. NE-5 all 9 head bolts go to the cly top
WC-1 exhaust manifold can't be used on the NE-5 cyl
WC-1 19mm carb - NE-5 22mm carb - Cruzzer NE-5 20mm
WC-1 Intake valve 22mm - NE-5 Intake valve 24mm - Cruzzer NE-5 ? call
WC-1 .150" cam - NE-5 .175" - Cruzzer 175"
WC-1 valve lifters can't be used with a high lift cam need to switch to the NE-5 Mushroom lifters or Cruzzer lifters
WC-1 cyl pressed in valve seats that are famous for coming loose within the first 500 miles
NE-5 cast in place valve seats - Cruzzer NE-5 cyl pressed in valve seats or a steel valve block cassette.
WC-1 and NE-5 have different head bolt pattern. Heads are not interchangeable .
WC-1 head is famous for cracking by the S/P hole. - NE-5 head was the best produced - Cruzzer uses the Ambassador Head It's OK
WC-1 came with a steel head gasket. - NE-5 soon switched to a copper head gasket
WC-1 R/H side cover has a needle bearing for the crank - BY 2007 NE-5 switched to a roller bearing which is better
WC-1 crankcase breather system to reburn blow by gasses thru the carb was a failure and filled the air filter with oil - solution was to vent into the atmosphere and spit oil on the bike.
WC-1 and the NE-5 have different air filters but the NE-5 can be put on the WC-1
WC-1 no vent on the valve cover only a small vent on the case - NE-5 vent on valve cover and case
NE-5 Crankcase breather system vented into the atmosphere but spit oil all over the rear of the bike - Whizzer manufacture solution
was the Big Breather C.A.O.S. (crankcase air oil separator) mounts under the seat or off the luggage rack.
Not all used the Big Breather as they made their own smaller versions. I designed (invented) the Seat Post C.A.O.S breather
NOTE: At a glance ya might think my Seatpost C.A.O.S. breather dumps oil into the bike frame But if ya read how I make it you'll understand that the seatpost is sealed inside so no oil gets into the bike frame. Any oil in the C.A.O.S. gravity drains back to the engine crankcase.

2006 The NE-5 top end kit was offered to upgrade and fix the 1999 - 2004 WC-1 By 2007 all NE-5 top end kits were sold out
The NE-5 top end kit is now offered by Cruzzer.

New Generation Whizzers - WC-1 1999/2004 - NE-5 2005/2007 - NE-R 2007/2008 NE-R CVT 2008 - Ambassador - 2009
1999 - 2009 Total New generation Whizzers made is somewhere around 15,000. I could be wrong?
First I'll start by saying the stock WC-1 should be fine as long as ya don't go over 30 mph with modifications only to the crankcase venting
The NE-5 can be modified and pushed to speeds up past 60mph

This is just a basic outline of the WC-1 and NE-5 differences. The Whizzer section on this forum from 2004-2008 had alot of discussion on problems, repair and modifications to the WC-1 and NE-5 Which is more than can cover with this brief outline

WC-1 smaller cooling fins on the cyl - NE-5 larger cooling fins on the cyl
WC-1 2 of 9 head bolts go to the case. NE-5 all 9 head bolts go to the cly top
WC-1 exhaust manifold can't be used on the NE-5 cyl
WC-1 19mm carb - NE-5 22mm carb - Cruzzer NE-5 20mm
WC-1 Intake valve 22mm - NE-5 Intake valve 24mm - Cruzzer NE-5 ? call
WC-1 .150" cam - NE-5 .175" - Cruzzer 175"
WC-1 valve lifters can't be used with a high lift cam need to switch to the NE-5 Mushroom lifters or Cruzzer lifters
WC-1 cyl pressed in valve seats that are famous for coming loose within the first 500 miles
NE-5 cast in place valve seats - Cruzzer NE-5 cyl pressed in valve seats or a steel valve block cassette.
WC-1 and NE-5 have different head bolt pattern. Heads are not interchangeable .
WC-1 head is famous for cracking by the S/P hole. - NE-5 head was the best produced - Cruzzer uses the Ambassador Head It's OK
WC-1 came with a steel head gasket. - NE-5 soon switched to a copper head gasket
WC-1 R/H side cover has a needle bearing for the crank - BY 2007 NE-5 switched to a roller bearing which is better
WC-1 crankcase breather system to reburn blow by gasses thru the carb was a failure and filled the air filter with oil - solution was to vent into the atmosphere and spit oil on the bike.
WC-1 and the NE-5 have different air filters but the NE-5 can be put on the WC-1
WC-1 no vent on the valve cover only a small vent on the case - NE-5 vent on valve cover and case
NE-5 Crankcase breather system vented into the atmosphere but spit oil all over the rear of the bike - Whizzer manufacture solution
was the Big Breather C.A.O.S. (crankcase air oil separator) mounts under the seat or off the luggage rack.
Not all used the Big Breather as they made their own smaller versions. I designed (invented) the Seat Post C.A.O.S breather
NOTE: At a glance ya might think my Seatpost C.A.O.S. breather dumps oil into the bike frame But if ya read how I make it you'll understand that the seatpost is sealed inside so no oil gets into the bike frame. Any oil in the C.A.O.S. gravity drains back to the engine crankcase.

2006 The NE-5 top end kit was offered to upgrade and fix the 1999 - 2004 WC-1 By 2007 all NE-5 top end kits were sold out
The NE-5 top end kit is now offered by Cruzzer.
Wrench, thanks so much for the info. I'm going to bookmark this in my Whizzer favorites.

Could someone comment on what that 48 whizzer for parts is worth on ebay right now, also posted thru this website as well. Whats a real world dollar figure on a bike like that?

Could someone comment on what that 48 whizzer for parts is worth on ebay right now, also posted thru this website as well. Whats a real world dollar figure on a bike like that?
2 bucks, the guy is insane. You can buy a running one in good shape for that money.

Ok thanks, I was just curious. I guess I'm kinda a nostalgia type guy. I'd like to see that bike restored. It will probably just end up scrap though.

That old Schwinn Whizzer on E bay is worth about $150
$50 for the bike and $100 for whats left of the Whizzer parts

It's not a factory production Whizzer and it's hard to tell if It's a WZ-507 which was a heavy duty Schwinn bicycle made especially for the Whizzer kit, If it's a WZ-507 then it's worth $500 in that condition

Ok Wrench if I was to buy a whizzer/cruzzer kit? What would it cost for the upgraded NE-5 top end & for the better cylinder head that's milled down as you mentioned? Also is there anything else that needs addressed/ upgraded?

Ok Wrench if I was to buy a whizzer/cruzzer kit? What would it cost for the upgraded NE-5 top end & for the better cylinder head that's milled down as you mentioned? Also is there anything else that needs addressed/ upgraded?
Ya mill (shave) your own head,
The Cruzzer Kit is ready to go as is. It's NE-5 style. Not exactly the same as the Whizzer NE-5 2005 - 2007
I'll tell ya the Cruzzer bottom end is great, I can't vouch for the Cruzzer NE-5 cyl I never tried one.
2005-2007 Whizzer NE-5 cyl and heads when they pop up on E Bay they go fast.

BTW I use a Ralph Westman NE-5 Cast Iron Cyl There not available any more - RARE

If ya do get a Cruzzer kit there are a few things I'll help ya with But no need to go into all that right now.

OH, your gonna have to dimple the Left Rear of your frame to make room for the belt.

Back