Newbie with Lots of Questions

Yeah, the mounting looks quite similar to installing a rear bike rack which is very simple and bolts on in seconds. Wow that chain routing... I would be afraid to get a piece of loose pant leg stuck in it! I'm not sure what the differences of staton and roadbug friction drives are and how easily the rollers can be changed out on the staton kit on the side of the road. Cause I would like to get a roller for speed and one for hill climbing torque.

Last edited:
Give David Staton a call @ 405-605-3765 and tell him that Wayne Hobbs told you to give him a call to ask about his friction drive systems. I've been over to his shop several times to visit with him.

So far I've not had any issues with that chain line and I pedal quite a bit when I'm riding to get exercise. With my 21 speed transmission and that being a 29er I can comfortably ride off road and climb very steep hills and on the flats cruise easily @ 35mph and safely stop it with dual disc brakes. Since its all chain driven I dont have to worry about water or mud causing a potential friction drive issue.

Back