Dean1316

Local time
5:11 PM
Hi. I'm Dean from Greenfield Ohio. I just built my first motorized bike and am still working out the bugs. Looking forward to checking out everybody's projects and learning something.

20210321_124458_HDR.jpg

WhatUp Dean. Can we see what you built (y)

Nice bike, but you put the idler on the wrong side of the chain. The chain should just ride over it and not have a lot of pressure on it. The way you have it now, the pull on the chain from the motor will break the roller. That's a good design with the four bolts, easier to keep tight on the frame.

Nice bike, but you put the idler on the wrong side of the chain. The chain should just ride over it and not have a lot of pressure on it. The way you have it now, the pull on the chain from the motor will break the roller. That's a good design with the four bolts, easier to keep tight on the frame.
I realized that. I'll have to do a little bending to get the right angle moving it to the lower frame section. Thanks for noticing that. Still need to do some tinkering here and there. I May go with the spring type mounted to the engine casing. Looks like a better setup. Am I right?

I also ordered an offset intake to allow room for the air cleaner cover. I had to remove it to clear the seat post and put the inner ring over the foam on the carb temporarily.

You're on the right track with all that. If you had a bunch of slack in the chain then an arched pulley holder would work good. It looks like you can just use one of the spring tensioners just fine.

I realized that. I'll have to do a little bending to get the right angle moving it to the lower frame section. Thanks for noticing that. Still need to do some tinkering here and there. I May go with the spring type mounted to the engine casing. Looks like a better setup. Am I right?
Two large adjustable wrenches or one large adjustable wrench and a vice is a great way to twist and/or bend soft flat metal.

Back