newcomers project bike

captnhowdy

Local time
4:19 AM
Hello, here is my project perchased today.

Aaron from Michigan

Attachments

• Photo0010.jpg
    Photo0010.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo0012.jpg
    Photo0012.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi Aaron from Michagan. Welcome. I'm Michael M from Vancouver Wa. I allso just joined today.Bike looks great. What kind of engine is going into your build?

Hello Michael, I am going to perchase a GruBee
80cc engine kit along with a SBP shifting kit.
Aaron

Possible Engine Fit Issues?

I'm sure some of the other 2-stroke riders will chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me that you are going to have some fit problems with that particular bicycle. The bend i9n the top tube really restricts the opening of the front triangle exactly where you need the height for the head, spark plug, and top of the Carb.

ocscully

I should have mentioned, i'm going to modify the top tube to clear. the bike was only 99.00 at Walmart and has a nice seat and cruiser tires.
Aaron

Thats great Aaron.80cc wow! I run a 49cc with a few mods,and it does me pretty good most of the time.However I always feel like I could use more power.The shift kit you mentioned I'm unfamilar with. How many gears do you end up having? AS far as fit goes in your new bike, were theirs a will theirs a way!! I have a front wheel drive trike that came out pretty good. I had some head scraching,but it came out,& best of all its reliable. I like to think of it as my bicycle truck!!! lol Remember paitence is good,take your time, Its no fun to be 50 miles in the middle of tim buck to and break down.Let me know how your build goes and most important have FUN!!! MICHAEL M.

Hello Michael , Sickbikeparts.com has the shifter kit. I will have seven gears.should get me up hills good. There are good videos in the Photo's area,one was going about 52mph.
Aaron

Wow! thats fast! my top speed ever was 47.8 mph with a tanaka 47r. Rocket key, tuned pipe,92 octane gas,and a lot of guts! I'd do it again if I just had another motor like that.I'm going to do some research on this shift kit!Thanks you just put blood back in my old veins!!!!

Hello Michael , Sickbikeparts.com has the shifter kit. I will have seven gears.should get me up hills good. There are good videos in the Photo's area,one was going about 52mph.
Aaron

You will need the shift kit to ease drive chain problems with the suspension. I too noticed the small frame but as you say you can modify it. You might want to check the laws in your state regarding maximum speed. Please keep it legal and safe for what any one rider does out there affects the rest of us in the laws that get written on our rides. If you're going over 30 invest in very good brakes, leathers, knee and elbow pads and gloves. A helmet is needed at any speed. I wonder if we can get insurance to cover us on these bikes? Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of friendly, helpful members. Woody

Back