Carby newer carb issues

F

foyeburger

hi all been working for 9 strsight days finnaly a day off so i was wondering if anyboy else has one of those newer carbs with the air and gas screws. im trying to dial it in ive got the idle set right but im confused on the air screw. does anybody know how many turns to do on it six half turns or 3 full turns etc anybody have an luck dialing these carbs in,so it has a sweet spot from take off to mid-throttle larry ca
141_048_1.jpg

First you need to know if the mixture screw is a pilot screw (turn in for richer settings) or a "regular" mixture screw (loosen for richer mixture).

Either way, start at two turn out from seated, which means just 'til it quits "tightening"- don't over do it and tighten it tight. :???:

Once you have it running and warmed up, what does it do? Miss or "skip" a bit then catch? Richen the mix. Keep running, but "bog" and not want to accelerate well? Lean it out a bit.

Did it come with any directions? How about a 1-800 number for tech support from the seller?

nope no documentation , ill try and one turn at a time till it ngets better right now it bogs out so i guess its running to rich larry ca

yeah, i have one, i just let the screw be when i got it, and it ran great, i have no idea what it's set at right now, but it used to run good. now it runs like sh*t! i'm guessing a leak somewhere....

-pianoman

Two stroke so 95% chance it is an air screw (i.e unscrewing = leaner at part throttle)
Is that the carb that comes with the GT5 motors or is it aftermarket?

Where can I find just the air filter? I like it, and will it fit on our 80cc chinese carbs?

Back