Newest Phantom 85 Information

Just so everyone who has a Phantom 85 motor knows, I received an Email this afternoon from "Molly" at bicycle-engines.com that all of the older V-2 cylinder replacement kits are now completely sold out and all of the new cylinder replacement kits they now stock are the V-3 replacments that has all of the known P-85 flaws corrected now....DAMIEN

Ps...I still notice that the needle bearing has still not been included with the kit and must be purchased separately.

I think that @ImpulseRocket knows where to get the real, genuine, Stihl chainsaw replacement needle bearing for these, hopefully with a link to the vendor.

The noise is my only real complaint with the MB engines, my Zeda is not really obnoxious, the pitch is just too high. If I go a long way, I use hearing protection, but I really don't like reducing my hearing on the road ( I have no idea how people are comfortable with ear buds riding?). My little Solex you can actually still hear the birds. I am going have to experiment and try a alternate exhaust system and perhaps insulate that gear case.

The noise is my only real complaint with the MB engines, my Zeda is not really obnoxious, the pitch is just too high. If I go a long way, I use hearing protection, but I really don't like reducing my hearing on the road ( I have no idea how people are comfortable with ear buds riding?). My little Solex you can actually still hear the birds. I am going have to experiment and try a alternate exhaust system and perhaps insulate that gear case.
Agreed. I hate having restricted hearing

I think that @ImpulseRocket knows where to get the real, genuine, Stihl chainsaw replacement needle bearing for these, hopefully with a link to the vendor.
Rated top secret. I could tell you, but I would have to kill you.

I just got them from the internet.

Stihl Part Number is 9512 003 3061. Usually 15ish bucks depending on the retailer. There are a lot of aftermarket replacement options out there that are decent, like Proline.

Agreed. I hate having restricted hearing
Think of it more as having "selective" hearing, like when your being nagged to death by a wife, girlfriend, mother, etc...lol...lol.

The noise of these bikes also drowns out the nagging as well...Not a bad thing...lol...lol.

I bought a g2 knock off for my phantom, I guess I have to return it since the intake port is bigger than where the g2 reed connects to it, there’s like a little slit on the top that it doesn’t cover, has anyone put a g2 reed on there phantom?

I bought a g2 knock off for my phantom, I guess I have to return it since the intake port is bigger than where the g2 reed connects to it, there’s like a little slit on the top that it doesn’t cover, has anyone put a g2 reed on there phantom?
Thats probably because the Phantom uses an OZ type reed valve.

Back