Newest Phantom 85 Information

Did you see the pics of mine where the needle bearing came apart on the crank end?

Did you see the pics of mine where the needle bearing came apart on the crank end?
To date yours is the only example of that failure I have seen. Even if you can point out another, it's just not super common and was likely caused by a random defect. Broken pistons from ring snags and catching port edges is the most prevalent and extremely common issue at this point, other than the terrible quality control I experienced at least lol.

Super interested in this thread... Would love to 'attempt' to run one of these... Many great reviews, many failures... I won't run one until replacement parts are readily available and I have my license back so I'm not so reliant on my bike. But I want to do this in the future.

Wow, well if that's what they say. Better safe than sorry. Sure will have plenty of oil. The richest thing I have run was a British Seagull outboard at 10:1 and the leanest a Fuji Robin in our old Ezgo 2stroke at128:1.

Phantom sounds like a real smoker. Seems like you made nice with bicycle-engines and
will soon forget about the Zeda triple 80, and install the phantom. Like you
said, keep the Zeda for winter hobby time. Best of luck with your choices. FYI,
there's a report on the net from a guy who says his needle bearing
shattered on Version 3.

Back