Newest Phantom 85 Information

Looks like getting them in is a cinch however.

Now... how bad are these pistons? Should I invest in another before I have issues? What exactly would that entail?

Or should I roll the Phantom dice and see where it takes me?

I am not very hard on my motors.

Looks like getting them in is a cinch however.

Now... how bad are these pistons? Should I invest in another before I have issues? What exactly would that entail?

Or should I roll the Phantom dice and see where it takes me?

I am not very hard on my motors.
You can roll the dice and see what happens. There are plenty of Phantoms out there that haven't had a single issue.

I assume there isn't suitable windowed piston replacement? If I wanted windows, I'd have to cut my own and being a complete newb that would introduce a whole new set of potential issues.

If I went with the chainsaw piston... I'd 'have' to remove the reed... right? I'd have to come up with an intake that would work ... to they sell them anywhere? Could I use the reed "case" with the internals removed as an "intake"?

Basically... if it's going to only cost me $25-$50 to ensure the engine will be more reliable ... it's stupid not to do so IMHO... but I'm sort of needing a little direction being I'm currently the "uncertain newb" on the block.

I assume there isn't suitable windowed piston replacement? If I wanted windows, I'd have to cut my own and being a complete newb that would introduce a whole new set of potential issues.

If I went with the chainsaw piston... I'd 'have' to remove the reed... right? I'd have to come up with an intake that would work ... to they sell them anywhere? Could I use the reed "case" with the internals removed as an "intake"?

Basically... if it's going to only cost me $25-$50 to ensure the engine will be more reliable ... it's stupid not to do so IMHO... but I'm sort of needing a little direction being I'm currently the "uncertain newb" on the block.
In my limited research, Hyway is a good brand. You should be able to just take the reed cage out but I'm not sure... you might have a decrease in performance. You can also use reeds without a windowed piston but that isn't good either and may lose performance.

Here's a good option for an intake. I don't know if you live in the us though: https://www.walmart.com/ip/80cc-Mot...5?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101003526

How do you get those clips out without the little hook?
That is exactly the reason I showed you the clips I purposely went to the equipment rental place to get...Real easy to maneuver with needle nose pliers as it has the two points for contact with needle nose as well as stronger and better made than the E clips and easy in easy out unlike the hookless ones.

In my limited research, Hyway is a good brand. You should be able to just take the reed cage out but I'm not sure... you might have a decrease in performance. You can also use reeds without a windowed piston but that isn't good either and may lose performance.

Here's a good option for an intake. I don't know if you live in the us though: https://www.walmart.com/ip/80cc-Mot...5?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101003526
I have to go look to make sure but I do believe the intake on the Phantom 85 is larger than the 40mm on some other motors.

I have to go look to make sure but I do believe the intake on the Phantom 85 is larger than the 40mm on some other motors.
No, bolt spacing should be 40mm. It's the exhaust that's different
Intake bolt spacing is 40mm, same as almost all other China Girls out there now.

Exhaust bolt spacing is 60mm on the Phantom 85 whereas almost all other CGs are 40mm in the exhaust bolt spacing.

Back