Newest Phantom 85 Information

@DAMIEN1307 , can you get just the engine or do you have to get the entire kit? The kit price is three hundred bucks!
Yep, it sure is, choke, choke,...If it wasn't for the 500 bucks the state gave out to residents here, I could not have done it as i'm just on SS income, now that i'm old and retired...I have not seen the motor itself for sale, only the full kit.

It is more than three hundred when you also figure in there is tax as well as shipping...If bicycle-engine.com is doing this, there is a 32 dollar shipping cost plus the 8 percent state sales tax in my case here in NM, for another 24 bucks for a total of 356 dollars.

If you go with Amazon prime as I did in this case its 320 bucks plus the 28 dollar sales tax but with free shipping for a total of 348 bucks.
At least using Amazon, you have some extra leverage when it comes to warranty, refunds etc. if it is needed since even though ordered from Amazon, they still ship it directly from bicycle-engines.com.

25:1 is the final Mix!?!?
They lowered it after people started having issues with the first series of gen 2 engines with the updated bronze bushings and ring snags. It's an attempt at a bandaid fix for those issues because they don't want to acknowledge the real issues (they did fix one by going to the needle bearing at least).

Super interested in this thread... Would love to 'attempt' to run one of these... Many great reviews, many failures... I won't run one until replacement parts are readily available and I have my license back so I'm not so reliant on my bike. But I want to do this in the future.
Bottom end is just a yd100 with a different rod for the 12mm wrist pin,, you can buy replacement cylinder kits, and the gaskets are also available. Parts aren't the issue. Quality control is, but from what I have been seeing lately on the Facebook group it looks like they may be finally getting some of that sorted out.

Phantom sounds like a real smoker. Seems like you made nice with bicycle-engines and
will soon forget about the Zeda triple 80, and install the phantom. Like you
said, keep the Zeda for winter hobby time. Best of luck with your choices. FYI,
there's a report on the net from a guy who says his needle bearing
shattered on Version 3.
At 20:1 on vp oil, 1 base gasket and .94 squish gap, it's actually not that bad in regards to smoke. Ad far as the needle bearing, if it was the wrist pin bearing simply order a quality aftermarket ms460 saw bearing, it's the same size. I did so when I ordered my Meteor ms460 piston and caber rings. I didn't trust much about the stock stuff.

My new Phantom 85 is scheduled for delivery via UPS tomorrow, on Wed., 13 July 2022, I also was finally able to order a 1 gallon gas tank thats been out of stock like forever and it arrives today according to USPS...We will have to wait and see what condition both these items arrive in...We all know that can be a turkey shoot...lol.

It got sent out last Friday so 5 days to get it is not too bad.

I will keep you guys posted, Can't wait to get my fat butt on the seat again and ride and hear my bike scream at me again as it says,"Get off me ya fat B***ard"...lol.

OK, so I have the Phantom 85 this morning and have assembled the jug with no problem etc. no slag, no sharp edges to catch rings etc and the piston is installed correctly unlike my Zeda 80.

I'm removing all the side covers one at a time right now to see if anything is wrong from the factory and found this on the magneto.

DSCN0225.JPG

I have never had to re-adjust a magneto on any of my motors before so now is my time to ask for some help with this before I even take one screw out of this...Obviously, it is never going to run like this.

It's obvious it is not postioned correctly and I would like to know the correct way of fixing this problem...Thanks in advance...DAMIEN

Back