Newest Phantom 85 Information

Well finally I was able to make some progress with bicycle-engines.com regarding their stance on at least a couple of things about their warranty regarding synthetic oils and use of external fuel filters with the Phantom 85s and they are changing their online manuals to reflect these changes

Hello Robb,

All right so I got some clarification, the owner was able to finally get with our manufacturer and there stance on synthetic oil is fine, so we are amending the manual to omit the text saying this will void the warranty. However using a 4 stroke oil will void warranty though.

The fuel filters what you mentioned our manufacture says those are fine and our owner agrees so we are adjusting that in our manual too. This was likely the opinion of the original author of the manual and so maybe he had a bad experience so that is probably why it was mentioning these filters this way, but as mentioned we are getting this in the works to change and update that. It is confirmed with our manufacture that the upside down direction you mentioned about the fuel filter is correct too so working on getting a updated image to show the correct orientation.

We are starting this with our team and once we have edited everything we’ll send the files to our manufacturer so we can updated printing version for printing and website too.

Hope this helps better explain everything.

Thank you,

I am glad they are amending it. Neither one made any sense. The 4 stroke oil thing sure, but that is kind of a given in my opinion.
Im still waiting to hear back about what they have to say about modifications to the motor that in the manual says wait until it is "seasoned" or broken in, and then in the very next breath, tell you that any modifications void the warranty, so stay tuned to this station for further information on that one...lol.

Im still waiting to hear back about what they have to say about modifications to the motor that in the manual says wait until it is "seasoned" or broken in, and then in the very next breath, tell you that any modifications void the warranty, so stay tuned to this station for further information on that one...lol.
I prefer my engines raw and unseasoned, unlike my taters.

Seriously though, I think they have 3 different people writing policy and none of them talked to one another.

Back