Newest Phantom 85 Information

V2 with different parts I thought was considered V3 (I've seen it referenced a few times).
That is just somones interpretation when they call it a V-3...Just consider it the new and improved V-2...You don't expect them to throw away all those Phantom motor stickers with V-2 already written on them now do ya???...lol...lol.

I'm still waiting for more reports, I guess what I wanted to convey was that I hope this dang this is sorted out before Christmas , if it ever will be. I have all the seals and the bearings but hoping those ring lands don't crack and what not ( feel like I'm dealing with performance Subaru engines all over again here how sad)

According to Bicycle-Engines.com... Version one was the one that came with the two different sleeves were v1 and v1.1... and that the needle bearing version is v2...

:)

BTW... 900 miles and going...

Yeah they have sloooowly got their act together with this engine. I am curious about V3 personally. I want to buy another one to play with, but I may just hold out until the next generation, hopefully with the rumored 2pc head and jug.

Is this your bike or someone elses???...I was wondering only because I couldn't see him going over 35 MPH on his speedometer.

They go much faster than that...lol.

I got the mystery solved. I pulled out the plug and pushed the bike and there was a spot where it would kind of get stuck, like the piston was hitting the spark plug or the clutch gears were getting bound up. Also note that it was hard for me to start, and that spot where it gets stuck is why. Anyway, I pulled off the cylinder and I noticed that the piston had some divots in it like something was bouncing around inside, although it was only in 2 spots. I looked in the cylinder and saw these same marks on the flat area around the combustion chamber (don't know the term for it). This was actually from when the cylinder got damaged from before, and I knew about it and thought I fixed it by grinding down the messed up spots in the head with a dremel. Obviously I didn't do a good enough of a job and it still hit the piston. I cleaned up everything again and made sure the piston and combustion chamber were smooth there were no bumps. Problem solved. It didn't get stuck when pushing it, it's easy to start, doesn't detonate, and the compression reading came out at 180psi.

Back