Newest Phantom 85 Information

I will be happy to just have it as a cruiser, at my age, I have no desire to be "smokin it" down the road...lol.
It doesn't smoke, it runs great out of the box. I've had mine for a few months now, and it runs great. I'm really happy with mine.

It doesn't smoke, it runs great out of the box. I've had mine for a fee months now, and it runs great. I'm really happy with mine.
Smokin it, as in high speed, not literal 2 stroke smoke...You will find many times in the thread where I have already said there is no smoke and no drips in a P85...You really need to read that whole thread to catch up with the rest of us.

Yep, unless I'm having dieseling problems. I tested my compression and it was 270 psi. I've used this tester on other engines and it seems accurate. My squish gap is .97mm using 2 gaskets that are 1/32" thick, head nuts torqued to 144 inch pounds.
Sorry but you need a new gauge! There is no way your engine has 270 psi !
I run 180-185 psi and when first stated that people like Jaguar said I was wrong and that was impossible because he used to recommend 130 psi max so as not to flake the chrome plating on the cylinder wall, this was debated as I showed him that later stock cylinder could come as high as 170 psi and the highest I've ever seen anyone run was 200 but that lasted about a month.

Sorry but you need a new gauge! There is no way your engine has 270 psi !
I run 180-185 psi and when first stated that people like Jaguar said I was wrong and that was impossible because he used to recommend 130 psi max so as not to flake the chrome plating on the cylinder wall, this was debated as I showed him that later stock cylinder could come as high as 170 psi and the highest I've ever seen anyone run was 200 but that lasted about a month.
Yeah I posted an updated, see my previous comment.

Dieseling or running on in most cases with these engines is from being to hot, to hot of a plug or as mentioned above carbon build up, use a temp gauge or gun to check it or open it up and look for carbon and signs of detonation.

Back