Newest Phantom Cylinders.

ImpulseRocket

Staff member
Local time
4:09 PM
I borrowed this picture from a member of the Phantom 85 Facebook group. I thought it was worthy to share here since more and more people own one or are showing interest.

It looks like they finally changed the intake port shape on the inside of the cylinder to match the original design more closely.

That doesn't mean you won't have to possibly clean up the port edges a little, but look at all that room for the ring ends.

I think I may just order one now to do a pop top conversion with.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1668807345176.jpg
    FB_IMG_1668807345176.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 99
I borrowed this picture from a member of the Phantom 85 Facebook group. I thought it was worthy to share here since more and more people own one or are showing interest.

It looks like they finally changed the intake port shape on the inside of the cylinder to match the original design more closely.

That doesn't mean you won't have to possibly clean up the port edges a little, but look at all that room for the ring ends.

Er, that looks like exhaust side.

My spare jug I have is identical with the pic you shared so I think this is consistent now.

Bicycle Engines is advertising the NEW V3 Phantom coming January 18th...

This is what they say...

The all new Phantom 85 Version 3 is almost here. New cylinder design eliminates ring snag while optimizing the size of the intake and transfer ports to deliver maximum power. Limited stock available. Pre order yours today and save $20.

Will be interesting to see if this new cylinder design is what we've been seeing posted since late November or if it's something newer than that...

I don't think the cylinder design has much to do with the ring snags as much as it is the failure to clean up the port edges and having a sharp lip that the rings get snagged on.

I was hoping it would be a two piece design but oh well.

No... early cylinder design and Q/A was garbage. That was the 2nd biggest problem next to them deciding NOT to use needle bearings on v1. The exhaust port not properly aligned was the biggest culprit IIRC...

I too was hoping for a 2 piece design. I also was hoping that by now some aftermarket exhausts designed for the Phantom would be a thing...

Back