newish builder, seeking advice on loads of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
but is it a specific type of jackshaft? and thank you for the response , thats been driving me more crazy than i normally i am
If your going to go with the mongoose you may as well make it a shifter bike like the one in this video. Sick bike parts HD shifter kit with long jack shaft for fat tire bikes. They are on sale now. yYou will be able to climb hills and have good top speed plus front and rear disc brakes.
80cc Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike Motorized jackshaft kit - YouTube

If your going to go with the mongoose you may as well make it a shifter bike like the one in this video. Sick bike parts HD shifter kit with long jack shaft for fat tire bikes. They are on sale now. yYou will be able to climb hills and have good top speed plus front and rear disc brakes.
80cc Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike Motorized jackshaft kit - YouTube
well, that does look like its better than what i had envisioned in my head,lol so yeah ill have to go that route, so now to get the bike then start saving for the engine and shift kit
many thanks

Advice huh? QUIT while your ahead, after your 1st MAB it will never end. Nuff said!

I never understood the whole fatty tire thing, doesn't the weight or size obstruct the feeling of the pavement, also speed on flat roads. I use 26x1.95 only cause I'm using Mag wheels on mine, and man do they fly, I had a 26x1.25 generator tire before and I flew on that wheel, also the tires were Indestructibly built puncture proof, only thing was it got bent from an accident 🙃

I never understood the whole fatty tire thing, doesn't the weight or size obstruct the feeling of the pavement, also speed on flat roads. I use 26x1.95 only cause I'm using Mag wheels on mine, and man do they fly, I had a 26x1.25 generator tire before and I flew on that wheel, also the tires were Indestructibly built puncture proof, only thing was it got bent from an accident 🙃
The fatter the tire is, the better traction you will have, the more you can lean into the turns. It's that simple. I got Mags and using 26x 2.15, it's about as wide as I can fit on the mags

well for my self, my plans have changed a little.
i ended up with a bt 80 as my engine, have it on a huffy hyper cruiser right now, but when i ride it feels like the bike is gonna break, so im going to get myself a OCC Stingray ( found one for about 100usd ) and am planning on switching the motor over to it, so i guess i will have a fat tire bike after all , kinda any ways ,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back