Newly installed, but need help

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
sure it can sit overnite...just make sure the petcock is set to off. since it's a new build & we're not sure where we're at, i'd place a shop-rag under the carb bowl on the engine to catch any fuel that may drip.

augidog said:
sure it can sit overnite...just make sure the petcock is set to off. since it's a new build & we're not sure where we're at, i'd place a shop-rag under the carb bowl on the engine to catch any fuel that may drip.

don't forget to get it a pillow and a binkie :LOL:

Try unscrewing the top carby screw (with throtle cable running though it).

I had a simlar problem and after reading more into it here, that was the thing that worked.

I almost fully unscrewed it then worked my way down from there.

Even now it is run in I have it about half way, compared to my friends bike it is quite far out.

Tommy- Do you know a shop teacher or lawn mower mechanic in your area? I'd bet they can help.

Feel free to PM me and we can take it from there, I think I can walk you through it. These engines take a little tinkering- definitely not a push-the-button-and-go type like most things these days.

Let's start at the top- you have spark and fuel because the engine is firing when you pedal. Did you move the choke lever once you heard it starting to fire? What happens? You should only move it a little at a time.

Sometimes you need to pedal these engines for several hundred feet to get it running enough to where you can quit pedaling and keep them running when new.

Back