Next time i think i need to buy Fix-a-Flat, I'm just gonna punch myself in the face instead

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Cool, maybe I'll try it. Do you really become nearly invincible to flats with a tubeless setup? why if so?

Yep. The sealant is used to both initially seal the tire on the rim, but after that it sloshes around the inside of the tire waiting for a hole to appear that it can fill. Push a thorn in there and it'll seal in seconds. Hammer a nail through it, same thing.

I've been using the setup on my mountain bikes for 5+ years now and have never had a puncture not seal. The only time I've lost air is when I've hit a sharp rock and torn the casing badly. Anything under ~3/8" will just seal without me knowing.

TBH really get to see that it has been doing its job when the tire is done and I take it off and find 20 thorns sticking through on the inside ;)

Oh, there's a downside though. The sealant will dry out after a few months, so you'll need to unscrew the valve core out and squirt 2oz of new sealant in there every 3-6 months depending on your climate.

Back