NGK BPR4ES SPARK PLUG

Cornhusker

Local time
5:03 AM
Bought a Chinese bike kit 2 weeks ago and pretty much googled everything i know about this stuff so if this is a stupid question take it easy on me. But is a BPR4ES NGK spark plug work for a 80cc bike motor. None of the auto shops near me have any of the recommended plugs on this forum. So I got this one and put it on and at first my bike seemed to run way better. But as I was doing work on the bike later that night I noticed the conduit at the bottom of the plug was smashed in. Like no gap at all. It looks to me like the threaded part of the plug is to long and the piston hit the bottom of the plug.

I believe that's an extended tip plug that's why the piston hit it. I'm also pretty sure ngk doesn't make the b6hs plug anymore its been upgraded to the br6hs now

I believe that's an extended tip plug that's why the piston hit it. I'm also pretty sure ngk doesn't make the b6hs plug anymore its been upgraded to the br6hs now
This could be true because I went to crappy tire a couple of weeks ago and all they said was out of stock and no date on when new stock would be in.

You can substitute NGK B6HS for a Champion L86C.

I have a champion L82C that says it replaces a B7HS.

EDIT: The champion is a marine plug. Got a marina nearby?

I have a champion L82C that says it replaces a B7HS.
You just may still be able to get either the B7HS or the B5HS.

The B7HS is a plug that is one step colder firing than a B6HS and if you can get a B5HS, its one step hotter firing than the B6HS.

The Chinese plug that most of these China Girls come with is a Z4C, (Which is an NGK B5HS), and those that come with or recommend a Z8C, (Is a B6HS).

Hoping this info can be of help to anyone who needs to know...DAMIEN

EDIT...The "ES" designation on the plug that "Cornhusker" bought is what tells you its an extended tip.The "R" tells you its a resistor plug.

Though a resistor plug is not really necessary since you probably are not concerned with radio signal interference, it is still totally permissible to use the resistor version NGK BR6HS on your little China Girl.

Just another EDIT here...I just bought a new NGK B6HS plug at my local autoparts store last week, "Advance Auto Parts".

Last edited:
Advance auto seems to have a good supply of NGK plugs. Just bought a couple B7HS.

120939528_2771588049778811_3734059804707933372_o.jpg

Back