NGK or E3 Spark plug?

Ok, guess I better go with a cooler plug. I've been using NGK B6 for 630miles.........................

Thearc, how long did wrist pin bearing last?

Uno, these engine eat them..............................................................................................

E3 plugs are great for slant heads, they're meant to increase and spread the spark more evenly across the top of the piston. I have used both the NGK and E3 type plug.. E3 seems to work best on my setup.

Is it not possible that slant heads were designed out of packaging requirements; enabling the engine to fit into compact (space restricted) bicycle frames. Higher compression is a function of the design.
I have yet to see a high performance 2-stroke engine with a canted (off centre) spark plug.

If someone is prepared to give me a large sum of money, i am quite happy to design a direct injection, multi-fuel, compression ignition 2-stroke bicycle engine.

This will eliminate the need to make a stressful and vexing decision on spark plug choice.

E3.12 plug

Ok, I've also got the new JNmotors CDI. It comes with a chrome spark plug boot that I just wonder will fit, considering the E3.12 plug is shorter???

I've always used NGK, but as you can see, the E3 plug is a bit shorter?

Does anyone know?

Glen E3.jpg

I run a E3 12 on a 66cc starhawk. Pull my top end apart and found a brown spot under my piston which rubbed off with sos. I run rich (27:1) on long farm roads at high rpms with lots of slops, up hill battles & trying to keep up with traffic. I don't believe my plug is running hot. Anyone else have any input on these plugs I'd like to know. I can't seem to find the heat range on google.

Is it not possible that slant heads were designed out of packaging requirements; enabling the engine to fit into compact (space restricted) bicycle frames. Higher compression is a function of the design.
I have yet to see a high performance 2-stroke engine with a canted (off centre) spark plug.
Having an slant head allows the spark plug to be closer to the intake side ( keeping the plug cooler) and angle the flame front towards the exhaust, this provides much less detonation at high rpm ( 7k -10k) and increased the power band making better use of the scavenging effect of a two stroke pipe.

Back