NGK plug cap problem

In my short experience I took a small power cable cut about an inch off, stripped 1/2 of it clean. Then inserted it into a short auto plug wire and crimped the exposed wire on the end where it would attach to the coil. Unscrew the stock plug wire, then screw in the part of wire crimped that is still insulated into the CDI. No more unscrewing plug caps and no problems thus far. It took me about less than ten minutes.
I hope this helps in some way. Windy City Bob.

Old wires use to have a metal end on them you screwed under the cap on the plug. But sure lights you up if you get near it or it is wet. Thanks for the input but I have good none screw on caps I will try if I have any more problems.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am gonna be 49? Next month and today I ho for orientation to start a welding class in my county community college FOR FREE! 90 DAYS 3:00 PM TILL 9:00 PM. I just hope o am physically capable of doing this. Kinda nervous, hadn't worked for a while A LONG WHILE due to injury at work. Someone else's stupidity. Yah gotta get back on that horse. Or bike.

I do understand as I am 61 with heart and other problems and I am very limited to what I am able to do but I do not let that stop me just slows me down. I am in pain 24-7 but like everything I have learned to live with it. I do some welding myself and have always keep a welder around for the past 4o plus years. I wish you the best and hope you are able to weld if nothing else you will have that skill and this alone is not a bad thing!

Didn't qualify for.grant/class failed my math test had to do everything on paper like back in old school days before calculaters and smart phones.

Sorry to hear this but people need to know how to do it longhand before they should ever be able to use a calculator. If we ever have a nuclear problem none of the high tech stuff will work including your vehicles. I was at Burger King one day and the computer was down and none of young's there even new how to figure sales tax. You have to have a high school diploma to even work there. THIS IS SAD AS IT WILL BE PART OF YOUR DOWNFALL. When I was in school the only calculators they had would take one person just to carry it. Now when I was in college we were only allowed to use them sometimes. How about studying some math and try again?

I'm with you 100% on passing the test without machines (just a little nugget do you know what a comptomater is?) I actually have one that still works it was my grandparents they both worked for the railroad.
Now the test I'm not being hard on myself because its been years since I've needed to do that much that fast. 75 math equations in 30 minutes with no warning and I finished 2/3 of the test. That's not bad.

If I had known I had to take a test on reading and math I would have prepped before I took the test. I aced everything on the reading level. Just not enough time to finish the math equations when they started getting into volumes and densities in algebra and trigonometry? That's when it got a little complicated, So I don't feel so bad. Never give up never surrender.

Yes I think you did well. No I do not know what it is. Sure would like to see a picture. One of my too many hobbies is railroads.

Back