Ngk spark plug gap?

David Lindsley

I see lost of thing ,of what plug to use but ,i would like to know what is the (gap size) for them? need to know for NGK Plug BP8HS ?

Al.Fisherman

I see lost of thing ,of what plug to use but ,i would like to know what is the (gap size) for them? need to know for NGK Plug BP8HS ?
Depending on the plug you need from COLD to HOT The BP5HS (cold) to the BP8HS (hot). The gap should be around .017 to .020

butre

larger gaps resist fouling better and have an easier time igniting large amounts of fuel

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
I run them at .032"

In short, the biggest gab you can get and still get a spark.

Bern

I know this is a old thread but it's still helpful. I just wanted to comment that I am using a NGK. in a Zeda with a speed carburetor and a 40 tooth sprocket. I had it gaped at .028. and it ran okay. In a video the guy says .035 on the high end. And in this thread, some commented saying around .030 to .035, some say even more.
So I gaped mine at .035 to see how it would preform. And I'm telling you it really perked this engine up. I had to readjust me throttle setting. Anyway it worked out for me!! In the past this bike had top out at 40 mph. And now I think I can get more.
One other thing, each of us has their own bike style and set up so that's where your judgement and feel come in. Good Luck~