NH Stingray Build

Hello everyone,
I received my engine kit in the mail Monday night. I have it all together and on the bike, minus the gas tank and drive chain.
The chain that came with the kit is too short :censored:. So I ordered a new one from dax... and from what I hear it will be a while before it gets shipped :(.
I'm patient and all, but ****! I've been waiting constantly the past few weeks. Schools been going by especially slow, because I want to come home and put some more pieces of the bike together:)

Sorry for the crappy picture... my room is small and my bike is large.

Quick question to fellow stingray enthusiasts...
Would I be able to mount V-brakes to my front forks using the holes utilized by the cruiser pegs? has anyone done this?
-thanks

Attachments

• STA71089 (Large).JPG
    STA71089 (Large).JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,173
Make sure you get some lights to run on that thing all the time. People drive like nuts through hudson so any extra visibility is a benefit. Have you passed any hudson piggies yet? any issues?

SirJakesus,
Getting a light setup for my bike is next on the top of my agenda, I'd like to register it as a moped after that.
My first loing ride a couple weeks ago I passed 3 cops. Not one gave notice.
I just now got back from a test run down barret's hill rd. I passed the Sheriff on the way, he didn't give notice... (i have to admit, I killed the engine as a precaution when I saw him :LOL:)

Oh, and the bike is running beutifully!

Update!!!

I just finished putting all the lights on my bike this evening. Now I've got a headlight, tail light, and brake light.
I used a 12v battery from an old razor e100 scooter that was found in the trash.
I found a nice pair of driving lights at walmart for $15 (i only needed 1) for a headlight
2 trailer "running lights" for the tail & brake lights for $2 a piece.
I bought a brake lever w/ a built in switch off electricscooterparts.com for $12 + shipping
Last, a project box from radioshack to hold my switch for $4.

I ran most of the wiring through the frame for a cleaner look.
Hopefully I shouldn't have a problem registering it :)

Attachments

• STA71236.JPG
    STA71236.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 244
  • STA71240.JPG
    STA71240.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 205
  • STA71238.JPG
    STA71238.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 208
Hey 4doora, If you still want front brakes and have a welder, (or access to one)
just weld a piece of metal to the front of the fork right above the wheel and drill a hole in the piece of metal then mount a pair of simple one-bolt brakes used on older bicycles to the bracket. That's what I did and it worked great.

Awesome job 4doora!!!! I used to live on Barretts hill right up on the top near dugout rd and copeland drive. Its a darn good road for biking unless you have to pedal up it. Every time I drive through hudson I look for you but havent spotted you yet... If you see some guy pull off the road quick in a red kia waving out the window you know who it is... I work in hudson still too.

Hey 4doora, If you still want front brakes and have a welder, (or access to one)
just weld a piece of metal to the front of the fork right above the wheel and drill a hole in the piece of metal then mount a pair of simple one-bolt brakes used on older bicycles to the bracket. That's what I did and it worked great.
now there's a thought... I've got a welder, Do you have any pics of your setup?

Awesome job 4doora!!!! I used to live on Barretts hill right up on the top near dugout rd and copeland drive. Its a darn good road for biking unless you have to pedal up it. Every time I drive through hudson I look for you but havent spotted you yet... If you see some guy pull off the road quick in a red kia waving out the window you know who it is... I work in hudson still too.

thanks!
:LOL: Haven't been able to ride the bike as much as I'd like to after that accident i had. I still need to get myself a chain tool so I can ditch the master link. And once I get her registered (providing all goes as planned) I think I'll feel more at ease about cruising around town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I did it don't pay attention to all of the stuff in the background, I have a rare condition called crapititus, and the severity of my condition can be measured with the crapp factor wich is currently at an 8.5/10.

Attachments

• 062108_1529[00].jpg
    062108_1529[00].jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 201
That looks pretty straight forward. I'm sure having the support in the center makes the forks stronger too as an added bonus.

Nice bike! Good looking solution also. Personally I remove the front brake and run dual rears. You can't steer a skidding front tire.

I was down in Amherst attending a vegan BBQ:yuck:, I wish I had brought my bike to I could have escaped to a McD's.

Last edited:
Back