Night Ride

If that were me Dan I'd have 2 lights going at the same time. 1 for up close the other for more distance like a car high beam. Even the elcheapo lights work pretty good. I need to see every thing in front of me w/time to react, plus to see low hanging branches that could smack me in the head.

If that were me Dan I'd have 2 lights going at the same time. 1 for up close the other for more distance like a car high beam. Even the elcheapo lights work pretty good. I need to see every thing in front of me w/time to react, plus to see low hanging branches that could smack me in the head.
I had a really good light that did exactly that,shone a beam twice as far ahead as that one and i loved it but two days ago a buddy and I rode to local Canadian tire store for some hose clamps and weren't in there more than ten min but long enough for some as***le to steal the best light and mount I'd had so far,but I agree normally I do have a better light so that there is ample time to react.

You're right as we do see the glowing eyes in the bush alot,we try to guess as to what it may be by the height and just hope the stay put! Rabbits on the other hand jump out in front of you then zig zag until they realize they cant out run it and bound back into the bush,and raccoons are stubborn and don't give a sh*t.

Reminds me of the time I was riding home from work at 2am back in North Dakota and my generator-powered headlight blew the bulb. It's pretty easy to forget how dark things can get when you're on an unstriped backroad at least 5 miles from the nearest streetlight and there's just about no moon. I rode slowly, trying my best to stay on the road. I started seeing what looked like glowing eyes to my left and right. More and more of them as I rolled on and some of them started to rise up. Right about when I angrily and vocally vowed I was going to take as many of them with me as I could, I realized they were fireflies.

I made sure to upgrade my bulb to a higher voltage and install battery-powered aux lights after that!

I had a really good light that did exactly that,shone a beam twice as far ahead as that one and i loved it but two days ago a buddy and I rode to local Canadian tire store for some hose clamps and weren't in there more than ten min but long enough for some ass**le to steal the best light and mount I'd had so far,but I agree normally I do have a better light so that there is ample time to react.

Friggin thieves, man. There needs to be some kind of special karmic retribution for folks who steal people's bike stuff.

Them Moose come jumping out of nowhere around here. Lol.

Got sort-of chased by one while riding a Huffy trike in Alaska, thank goodness it wasn't really into it. It just snuffled and ran a few steps in my direction as I was riding by with my brother standing on the platform behind me. We were pretty damn scared tho!

Got treed by one another time, that one was definitely pissed off that I was pissing in the woods. Kept me in the tree for a half hour.

Back