Nikasil CHECK after 3mth

mati#38

Local time
11:33 PM
Hi, i have a question about my new nikasil (langcourt ltd) soo after first ride i look into the cylinder and i spot something like this on cylinder ports it is ok ? (KTM EXC 200 my2009)
foto :
foto 2 :

What part of the pic are you concerned about? I don't see anything that catches my eye.
If you don't see anything disturbing then everything is fine. The ports of the cylinder caught my attention. Everything is fine with them ?

If you don't see anything disturbing then everything is fine. The ports of the cylinder caught my attention. Everything is fine with them ?
As long as there's no burrs in them. The piston rings could catch on them if they're sticking out of the inner cylinder wall.

From what it looks like, it seems to have a very slight chip of nikasil near the port , but i don't see this as a problem currently.

this could also be from the piston rings during break-in as well (again, hard to tell from the angle)

Personally, I would just ride the bike as is, what oil ratio are you running? that's more important than what you are worried about here.

From what it looks like, it seems to have a very slight chip of nikasil near the port , but i don't see this as a problem currently.

this could also be from the piston rings during break-in as well (again, hard to tell from the angle)

Personally, I would just ride the bike as is, what oil ratio are you running? that's more important than what you are worried about here.
Okay soo 1mth 1:30, 2mth 1:40, now i will tank a 1:50. When i saw that bit chip i was worried about it and i realized something is wrong but if you told me it's not a big problem i'am a bit happier. Chips like this often happen on new nikasil ?

it might just be wearing in as your cylinder looks brand-new, id check on it after a couple of solid runs on it, (if it gets bigger, THEN it becomes a concern)

chips don't really happen unless you ran it extremely hard and with little oil (or just general wear and tear after a few years), but this one is so minuscule you should be fine.
again, id check on it every so often to see if it gets bigger, but for now, enjoy that sweet bike!

50:1 is pretty light on the oil. 32:1 is commonly used.

1:50 is a standard walue, some pepole riding 1:60, 1:30 for this bike is too much oil and Moto has no power

Back