Nitropropane

Karl Snarl

Local time
5:31 AM
I'd like to hear peoples use of nitropropane in your bike. I've used it in other engines, and am going to try it this weekend in my comfort cruiser. Since its my weekend only bike, I'll leave it set up to run a nitropropane mix all the time. I'm going to buy a gallon of it if i like this 16oz bottle. May lessen the compression and go to a cone chamber head if it runs to hot with nitropropane.

Its not that powerful. Lol. Its similar to nitromethane. Its an oxygenated fuel. You add it to your mix. Just seeing if anyone else tried it yet, so i know how much more power to expect and what kinda temp increase I'll get. Ik it will work, just wanna know how everyone elses experience with it in a bike kit went. I'll update this thread with new info as i go through the steps. Probably doing it this weekend when the homies come over to ride. I got so many bikes, no one has to bring one. 😆.

Its not that powerful. Lol. Its similar to nitromethane. Its an oxygenated fuel. You add it to your mix. Just seeing if anyone else tried it yet, so i know how much more power to expect and what kinda temp increase I'll get. Ik it will work, just wanna know how everyone elses experience with it in a bike kit went. I'll update this thread with new info as i go through the steps. Probably doing it this weekend when the homies come over to ride. I got so many bikes, no one has to bring one. 😆.
It should actually run cooler shouldn't it? Possibly less power or less milage. Will you re jet? This is interesting stuff I can't wait to see what you find out!

The only experiment I got with 2 stroke fuel is ethanol-free!

Found out it cuts my mileage by 1/3 so I guess I'm going back to ethanol.

I use saw carbs. No rejetting, just easy screw turns. Lol. Will run hotter because of the increased fuel burn. I may have to use a thicker head gasket to reduce compression if it runs to hot. Im going to start at 2 ounces a gallon and see what happens. Yes a few miles a gallon less at least. More power though.

Inspector, alcohol fuels have less btu per gallon than octane/ gasoline. 87 straight gas is what you will get best power and mileage in a stock engine. 1 gal of ethonol/vodka/everclear vs 1gal of pure gas, the gas has 1/3 more btus.

Last edited:
Karl Snarl knows. Nitromethane burns a lot cooler than gasoline and for a longer time period. The air fuel ratio is about half that of gasoline so you'll burn twice as much. Gasoline will give you the best bang for your buck in these stock engines.

Some folks just don't like gasoline at all, pffffft!
Theres gas in the mix. Mostly gas actually. Then 2t oil. The nitropropane used alone wont do much. Its an oxygen adder, so more gas with it. Its like adding baby shots of nitrous without all the added expense of adding the actual bottle and line kit and mister bar. The nitro will aprox. The same percent as oil. Just silghtly less nitro than oil to start. I will added more to see the max i will use safely. Just looking for more torque for all these huge hills around here. Not going for speed. Nitropropane alone will not increase your top end, not one bit. It is merely giving the ability to burn more fuel each cycle by adding oxygen.

"Nitropropane alone will not increase your top end, not one bit. It is merely giving the ability to burn more fuel each cycle by adding oxygen."
If that's the case is all the extra effort worth it? Why burn more fuel for no extra results?

Back