Nitropropane

Ok, so today a buddy had a bday. We partied, an I brought a few motorized bikes. An you better believe I wanted to show off Ol' Red. I had recently taken the woodruff key off and used a star washer and a flat washer on top, with a tab bent on the star washer to hold the magnet. I retarded the timing, IDK how many degrees. About 1 and 1/4 key widths total. She is a little harder to fire off, takes a few more pedals and one pop of the throttle then another pedal and she pops off now, so about 20 feet instead of instantly, like she did before. Takes a bit longer to warm up. She has some upsides though, smoother running, lower temp, even has a little over rev now, no more ring ting ting idle, and SHE IDLES NOW!!! She tops out about 32 mph. Perfectly fine with that, she's made for hill climbing, an actually faster than I had originally planned ( 28 mph). Everyone wanted to ride her, but I wouldn't let them. They were bad enough with a bottom dollar bike. lol. I took them out on a ride on the town, we were street racing, speed limit was close to our top speeds, so all was good. I forgot my bike is faster, and I'm a way better rider. lol. I blew them out of the water. Looked back at one point, stopped and went back, I couldn't see them. lol. We had a blast, and by the time the sun went down, they were getting the hang of it and really starting to move. The bystanders loved it too, people asking about them, I directed them here. So I hope we have some site stalkers that bite the bullet and join this club. Anyway, she's running like a scalded dog now. On flat land, well, I could really drop sprocket size and get this puppy moving. I bet she'd hit 50 with a little pedaling and a smaller sprocket. 1/4 throttle cruise, any more and I hit redline quick. I live in the hills though and need that extra throttle.

Back