Nitrous NOS

Hay my Nitrous kit cost me nothing at all. Well maybe a couple of bucks but no more. Don't know if you all have those cream whipping bulbs that look like the co2 tire inflators available over there but if you do they are Nitrous. Just get hold of the smallest dispenser you can, mine is only about 50 mm in diameter and about 150mm long. That will take about 3 bulbs in it and each bulb is good for a 5 sec burn. The nozzle of the thing is 8mm diam so I just pushed some tubeing over it and jammed it into the air filter. Taped the canister to the handle bar and went sik!! Works ok but only put it on off road cos the cops over here have a very dim view of nos and I'm already in enough trouble!!

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa! i knew ya could just "inject" a bit into the airflow for a decent boost, that small ad-hoc system sounds doable, any noticable damage over time?

I set this up on a dare and it worked my son was putting one in his honda civic and gave me the idea of pulling the nos off my old street bike and put it on my bike iget about 6 5 sec shots out of this bottle befor its back to napa for a refill the cops in my town don't bother me to much anymore I just dont use it in town but I live 5 miles out of town in the desert and there are lots of farm roads to have fun on

augidog said:
whoa! i knew ya could just "inject" a bit into the airflow for a decent boost, that small ad-hoc system sounds doable, any noticable damage over time?

I've had this on this subaru 33.5 for a year and i've had to rejet 3 times and i'm on the 2nd piston about 40 5 sec shots and you get a nice pin hole in the piston

shoot, then, no way i put that on my chromed-cylinder chinese thumper...too bad, looks like FUN!

I have yet to try but if I go to a good machine shop and have a good top end built jug,head and piston and rods it might hold up better I might do this for my green bike

My limited knowledge of nitrous is thus:
You can drill and tap the intake manifold and inject it on the engine side of the carb, I am not sure of the differences between this and straight through the filter.
I think you'll need to address jetting, I've heard of seizing under use being a concern.
Most people who are into nitrous care more about going fast than re-building an engine.

I really think that there may be quite a few more tricks that we could explore on these dax engines that would help them pull better-before introducing anything else into the equation....not that I am really opposed to people going really fast and blowing up their engines...it tickles my fancy too.

Pictures

lets see some pictures of those bulb things you are talking about I have no idea what that is. I am just going to try and be normal for awhile. Engine parts sound expensive.

SKARYFAST is talking about this set up
159_be_1_b_1.jpg

159_08_1_b_1.jpg

convert to an alky carb and run nitrous alky burns so cool anyway theres very little chance of damage plus ur exhaust smells cool :p

Back