Nitrous NOS

Nos

I run Nitrous on a Harley and for it to work correctly you have to inject additional fuel at the same time the nos is injected.... The nos when injected liberates oxygen and this oxygen and the additional fuel that is injected is where the real power gain comes from... The old more fuel in the same volume bigger bang just like supercharging...... In my opinion just injecting nos without addition fuel will cause you to run into a lean condition with seasure and piston damage the outcome....

Regards Al

i've heard the very same reasoning applied to the old kawasaki's, too much n2o without enuff increased pre-mix will waste a 2-stroke engine pretty quickly.

if you richen the jetting it should be safe but who wants to run over rich jetting on a 2stroke and buy new plugs all the time.

Nitrous

Hey that was me in the funny hat in that photo w/ the nitrous. That was Death Race 2006 in Tucson. The answer is YES, you can use the kit off ebay. We ran the ultraflate from the handlebar straight to the intake of the carb by making a small hole in the foam filter. Nitrous for some reason eats up the foam filter if you blow on it directly. Also need to slant the nitrous nozzle at an angle as it goes into the bell of the carb so that the spark doesnt blow out, literally.
Nitrous is a shot in the pants!! Dammmmm its fast. But be careful... If you rev your engine too high you will shatter just about everything. Also be careful not to use too much. Nitrous severly leans out the mixture making your piston MUCH more likely to seize. The ebay system is nice, bcuz the shots only last for 3-4 seconds.
One last warning. If you do use this system, DO NOT let off the throttle while the nitrous is in effect. Your motor will pop like you've never heard if you do.

Re: Nitrous

Spooky Tooth said:
One last warning. If you do use this system, DO NOT let off the throttle while the nitrous is in effect. Your motor will pop like you've never heard if you do.

thats the truth i have seen guy in the pit lane at drag races accidentally have nitrous engaged in teh staging lane and had it kick on when the didnt expect it needless to say it got ugly when hood and engine parts started raining from the sky. not to mention it sounded like a bomb went off (obvious)

Yes, you can use nitrous in you small two stroke engine.
Yes, it will destroy it quicker than a five pound sledge.
No, it's not worth the "bang for the buck".
Racing only for those that know how to use it.

You want a good power increase, jet your carb right, and make sure the needle is correct, open up the aircleaner and exhaust.

That is free power.

go for it

you main problem is that you are using a petrol engine which is not designed to cope with high pressures unlike diesil. so the main damage ill occure when you start injecting the nitrous into the engine as the extrem increase in pressure can cause massive amounts of damage to th engine but saying that if you had a lot of time on your hads and you know your way around an engine. with a bit of money you should be able to mae the engine strong enough to coe with the pressures so i might give it a try and tell youif its possible to do. But if you dont hear from me in the next few weeks then it all went wrong and im dead.

from personal experience-- DO NOT USE THE NITROUS KIT. i had a minibike a few months ago, it had a 160cc honda... shot the nitrous in the air filter box and HOLY ****! insane boost on a !160cc! but then about 2 seconds later the engine completly destroyed itself due to the massive power boost. if these kits can wreck an engine of twice the displacement thats a HONDA, then they will destroy these little ****s in an instant. but if you got an extra engine, go for it cause it really is an amazing thing to behold, that insane amount of power from a little engine. when i did it to my minibike, it was like getting on a 250cc dirtbike instead of a little 5hp minibike. hehe... :p

every now/again, i run a hose into the air cleaner
hooked to a can of starting fluid. this gives a heck of
a power/speed boost.last time i tried this stunt my mb went from 45 mph to 52.4 mph right now.

had nos + a second carb on my last motoredbike,
it was a one wheel wonder w/a shot of juice.
one thing to remember...when ya shoot the juice..
you can't slow down till it finishes the shot. or
the bike hurls into a wall.its a fun story to tell the
nurses when they come into your hospital room .LOL.

In my opinion just injecting nos without addition fuel will cause you to run into a lean condition with seasure and piston damage the outcome....

Regards Al

Inevitably yes, if the motor even lasts long enough, they aren't designed for the rpms nos will develop they will thrash themselves to bits, IMHO you should be balancing the motors and beefing them up before adding nos to them (same as any motor) Then again they are pretty cheap and i would think last a few weeks with moderat abuse before going BANG...

O/T Were in Perth are you Ringal im up in the hills (Lesmurdie)

KiM

Back