Nitrous oxide and a Tanaka 40cc engine

shawnshank

Local time
11:01 PM
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these Nitrous Oxide kits: [...] I have the Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit and was wondering what kind of performance you could expect from it or if it would cause more harm than good.

If there were no significant drawbacks to extracting more power from the motor, the manufacturer would increase power output to fulfill the motor's potential. Actually, they almost certainly have done so already; Tanaka has been in this game for a long time.

If you think Tanaka's motor is good to make more power than Tanaka thinks it is, then you go right ahead- and report back with the results.

Chalo

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitrous Oxide and Tanaka 40

Is sort of like using a live rifle round as a circuit breaker.

Forgive my candor, but being a candidate for the Darwin Awards should not be a goal.

The desire for speed is always there, but the vehicle is a limiter...that includes jets. You can only go so fast on a bike, at which point you tempt fate in that the limits of the bike may be reached and breached.

Moreover, you may be looking to buy another Tanaka.

Plus, and you will antagonize others, including the local law, and make it tough on others.

You will be safer and more in tune on a motorcycle.

shawnshank said:
I have the Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit and was wondering what kind of performance you could expect from it or if it would cause more harm than good.
in the case of using NO2 to get more performance from any otherwise stock engine...
gearnut said:
More harm than good.
i agree.

chalo said:
If there were no significant drawbacks to extracting more power from the motor, the manufacturer would increase power output to fulfill the motor's potential. Actually, they almost certainly have done so already; Tanaka has been in this game for a long time.
also agreed. i love the 40 because it's very clear that tanaka overbuilt this high-revving beauty on purpose. as mine loosens up, i prolly have about 14K on it now, i've been going for lower gears and higher r's

hive said:
The desire for speed is always there, but the vehicle is a limiter...that includes jets. You can only go so fast on a bike, at which point you tempt fate in that the limits of the bike may be reached and breached.
and everything else you said, too.

good bolt-on tweaks for the pf40 that DO produce and do NOT exceed the engine's limitations can be had at adaracing.com

imo :cool:

Sometimes people push the envelope and end up with good results, sometimes with bad. Unless some one has done it and failed and can tell you why they failed, I say go for it.
Do not rely on my words or any other......what do you think is possible? Go for that and tell us what happens.

I use that nos kit . I believe that it is probably harmfull to my engine but thats part of the game. Any one that races bikes or cars are always replacing parts. We like to ride hard and if a motor blows, oh well, replace it. I like performance.

Stan4d said:
Do not rely on my words or any other......what do you think is possible?
ab-so-lute-ly the bottom line right there.
me said:
my opinions are of course from my perspective. if i was able to afford new tanakas, i'd tell anyone else who could to "go for it." considering it's precision and stoutness, (i make downhill runs with a 12T up to 38mph, 14T/43mph...that's a lot of rpm's for a 50:1 stock crank) i think a tanaka would certainly hold up to a test-run or two with nitrous, with no ill effects.

Last edited:
Nitrous in 2 cycle

Your motor...I assume the rides are off the street? If in traffic, you should really think about going elsewhere. Yes, my perspective, preclude mistakes and disasters.

New, but really ancient, Golden Rule, Do no harm; bother no one!

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these Nitrous Oxide kits:

http://www.gasbike.net/nitrous-kit.html?utm_campaign=Reminder%20-%20Sale%20Ends%20Sept.%201&utm_content=shawnshank@hotmail.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_term=48cc/49cc/66cc/80cccampaign

Are they any good / worth the money? I have the Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit and was wondering what kind of performance you could expect from it or if it would cause more harm than good.

Go for it, if you want to. Be sure you and your bike are up to task.

Interesting to see if the GEBE can withstand the test. :geek:

I have two Tanaka 47R engines and a few others , but I would not subject any of my engines to NOS.

But that's just me.:devilish:

Back