Engine Trouble No air leak and high idle

The crux of using carb cleaner to check for leaks around rubber seals. It causes rubber to expand when it contacts it and can swell them enough to hide a leak. This is why I am a fan of starting fluid or other methods over carb cleaner when checking rubber seals.
Water works in a spray bottle and is practically free!

Replaced the seals.. helped a lot. Will now drop idle when clutch is pulled in. Still seems a bit high. Seems to be 4 stroking a bit. The Ile rhythm is not smooth. Not too bad and very rideable but not perfect yet like my others

Bucks quite a bit on deceleration
Could be running rich. I dropped the slide needle down by raising the clip one notch, that helped the 4stroking. It's not recommended to decelerate using compression. It starves the engine of lubrication and puts tension on the lower section of chain stressing the tensioner. Just a suggestion ;)

Definitely use the clutch on decel and when going down hills. Control speed with the brakes. 2 strokes can do a little bit of engine braking, but as Cisco said, it can also cause harm to the engine if done too long or often.

Could be running rich. I dropped the slide needle down by raising the clip one notch, that helped the 4stroking. It's not recommended to decelerate using compression. It starves the engine of lubrication and puts tension on the lower section of chain stressing the tensioner. Just a suggestion ;)
I'm at the leanest needle setting right now.. re-jet may need to happen

I have one drilled already at .65. I am running a NT carb with it. Stock jets at the moment

Back