No clue what I'm doing... No start...I'm back and I need help to make it right.

Also, even at 20:1, you REALLY don't want to push the Phantom hard. It takes a couple hundred miles to really get the Phantom broken in and running cooler. Too many "experts" (that didn't design or build this engine) are telling lies about the break-in period being one tank. The designer and the manufacturer state 300 miles. Who would you rather listen to?

Yes I did and it has given me trouble from the get I had crumbled clutch pads and the cdi broke apart in my hand after the first block I just got it running the other day and now this
Most of that is at least covered under warranty. Trust me, that kind of thing happens with every kit out there. That is why B-E offers their warranty.

Also, even at 20:1, you REALLY don't want to push the Phantom hard. It takes a couple hundred miles to really get the Phantom broken in and running cooler. Too many "experts" (that didn't design or build this engine) are telling lies about the break-in period being one tank. The designer and the manufacturer state 300 miles. Who would you rather listen to?
I think part of it has to do with the cylinder lining quality. The phantom (correct me if I'm wrong) is a ceramic coating, while cheaper ones are nickel (or whatever that funky spelled word is.)

I think part of it has to do with the cylinder lining quality. The phantom (correct me if I'm wrong) is a ceramic coating, while cheaper ones are nickel (or whatever that funky spelled word is.)
All engines run hotter during break-in regardless, but yes the ceramic liner being cross hatched means the ring seat time is longer than it is with the nickle and chrome plating. The Silicon Carbide ceramic also has a higher cF than the other plating types which means more friction against the iron rings. Iron on Chrome is one of the lowest cF's around, which is why 2 strokes have run that combination for years.

Is there anything I can get to make the phantom faster or upgrade that I can get with the jug kit that will improve it for me. And does anyone have direct instructions on how I need to handle it when I do get the jug kit and start over cause I want this one to last

Is there anything I can get to make the phantom faster or upgrade that I can get with the jug kit that will improve it for me. And does anyone have direct instructions on how I need to handle it when I do get the jug kit and start over cause I want this one to last
And damn I am glad I came to you all cause I'm learning more now than I have the entire time since I started. I had a yd100 a bt100 and I still have a little 80 cc engine that needs some restoration. The yd100 broke at the bottom trying to anchor it from bike to bike I went through those like holy crap. I still haven't found the bike I want but I'm using a style that I wanted since the beginning from shwinn so I'll keep that for now. But the bt 100 still may work just haven't got it started ever can't figure out why. I bought it second hand took it apart a d all looked good but it won't start. Probably carb issues. Just a guess. But at this point I fell in love with the phantom so I think I'll stick with it just want to make sure I don't mess it up again.

And damn I am glad I came to you all cause I'm learning more now than I have the entire time since I started. I had a yd100 a bt100 and I still have a little 80 cc engine that needs some restoration. The yd100 broke at the bottom trying to anchor it from bike to bike I went through those like holy crap. I still haven't found the bike I want but I'm using a style that I wanted since the beginning from shwinn so I'll keep that for now. But the bt 100 still may work just haven't got it started ever can't figure out why. I bought it second hand took it apart a d all looked good but it won't start. Probably carb issues. Just a guess. But at this point I fell in love with the phantom so I think I'll stick with it just want to make sure I don't mess it up again.
The phantom loves to cruise around 30.

If you are looking for a good bike I suggest the hyper. It is a sweet frame. The stock wheels are lacking though. This is mine that I am building with a phantom 85.
20240112_224608.jpg

Back