No clue what I'm doing... No start...I'm back and I need help to make it right.

Another blown up phantom
Mostly due to the bad advice he was following from inept people on Fakebook who do not have a clue as to how to breakin and run the Phantom motors...In my experience with them, because I own and use them, most "blow up" problems are almost always self inflicted.

And I'm good with any speed pretty much up to 30 and better I just need it to last and be reliable
Just forget about going 30 for awhile, get your engine broke in and running correctly. Get up early and take your time getting to work, then once it's broke in you can let 'er rip!

Another blown up phantom
Running too thin of an oil mixture on an engine known to be quite warm, especially during break-in, and then taking that engine to 8000+rpm with less than 10 miles on it... It's not the Phantom's fault.

As Damien said, and this is my own experience as well, the vast majority of failures comes from operator error. Yes, sometimes it's mechanical, such as the classic wrist pin clip tang destroying an engine, but that's the least common cause.

Ok, well I'm back I have a new jug for my 52mm phantom v3 engine. A lot of people on here were very helpful the other day and am wondering if I can get a clue on how I should set the carberator up. Like.. What line should I have it on. I've always dropped it to the second line but I don't want my engine all messed up this time so could I get some pointers on this aspect and any other great knowledge and advice anyone has for me to get this thing to puurrrr!

The phantom loves to cruise around 30.

If you are looking for a good bike I suggest the hyper. It is a sweet frame. The stock wheels are lacking though. This is mine that I am building with a phantom 85.
View attachment 206832
It's kinda what I got but mines a lot more what I would call junk yard Dogg but I love the style. On mine though the muffler is too close to the tire. I honestly want to find a large rim back tire to place on it but haven't found one yet.

Running too thin of an oil mixture on an engine known to be quite warm, especially during break-in, and then taking that engine to 8000+rpm with less than 10 miles on it... It's not the Phantom's fault.

As Damien said, and this is my own experience as well, the vast majority of failures comes from operator error. Yes, sometimes it's mechanical, such as the classic wrist pin clip tang destroying an engine, but that's the least common cause.
I take full blame for my phantom failure don't think Im by any means placing fault else where I own up to my mistakes and I hate to ask for help but this time it's necessary.

It will be 6.4 ounces of CONVENTIONAL 2 stroke oil per one gallon of gas during the breakin period of 300 miles.

If your mixing 2 gallons at a time, then just double it to 12.8 ounces of oil per 2 gallons of gas or just go 13 ounces.

You also have to vigorously shake the gas can everytime before filling the tank so it is properly mixed

Back