No EngineIdle With DisengagedClutch

BikeofSauron

Local time
3:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm pretty noob when it comes to my two stroke bike. The problem I'm having is that when I pull my clutch, the engine won't idle. I'm sure it is some simple answer but if there is a good answer, please send it my way.

Perhaps this is a stupid answer, but have you tried turning in the idle screw?
Hey, I did'nt say I was a genius, Just trying to help.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Hey guys, I'm pretty noob when it comes to my two stroke bike. The problem I'm having is that when I pull my clutch, the engine won't idle. I'm sure it is some simple answer but if there is a good answer, please send it my way.

Does the engine cut out?

Adjust the idle screw- 3 1/2 to 4 turns out. If that doesn't work;

check for air leaks, carby inlet, carby itself, check gaskets, Check to see if the carby is pushed up against the inlet correctly. sometime there will be a little bitty air gap. Check if spark plug is in tight enough, Check muffler/exhaust. check anywhere unwanted air can get in.

That is normally the main reason..

No Engine Idle With Disengaged Clutch

I answered this earlier today and did not consider the engine might be going to high idle. I thought the engine was stalling out So the idle screw gets turned in. the posting was not clear so, of course if it goes to high idle the screw comes out a turn or two(or three or four.)
I'll try to get more information before I give any advice next time.
The idle screw can be turned almost all the way out without harming the engine. If that does not bring the idle down then the problem lies elswhere.

just turn the idle screw in a couple of turns. then get the engine running and adjust the idle screw out so that the engine isn't revving like crazy.

I actually had this same problem a few days ago and for me, it was the spark plug. It was not tight in the cylinder head and was letting compression blow by and it refused to idle. A few turns of the wrench and now shes idling just fine.

But runs fine with the clutch engaged? That seems like an odd problem to me.

Does it cut off immediately after disengaging the clutch or sputter and die?

Back