Tubes No Flat Tires(BELL Rigid Foam Tire Insert) No Air tubes

re: Tubeless slime tire for clincher rims it works

I have them on my pedal bike (full suspension Jamis). They are basically oriental made 2.3 clincher tires with a heavy duty slime tube bonded in there. They have a great mud tread and don't slosh with the slime. They are not too heavy either.
They would not hold up long on the road though under motor power. They are mud tires with widely spaced blocks.

If the innertube is actually busted somehow, you can cut the stem out with a razor or knife and just put regular tubes in there. Perfect deal for $10 each. See if Nashbar is out of them yet.

That tubeless tires sounds interesting. Know of anyone that has tried one?

I have a standard "80" cc engine from BGF mounted on an older schwinn cruzer. Lots of fun. The tires are very old - probably in th 20-25 year range and probably will not last. However, they are staying put until they bust!!!

When you go for new tires, ray, make sure you have the right ones. The new bikes use decimal sized tires (ex 26x2.1) and the older bikes may use American fractional sizes (ex 26x1 3/8) They are not interchangeable. The rims are actually different sizes.

Thanks for the info. Should all the necessary information be on the existing tires?

I have 4 of them for sell cheap like $5.00 anything over 35mph and all **** breaks loose.Oh I forgot my bike only goes 20mph

tell ya what anybody wants these things you can have them just pay the shipping and you can have them. their pretty heavy +++++++++ side you wont ever get a flat!!!! their like that first kids bike with the solid tires , you skid a couple of times and you know the rest of the story!!!!!!!!!

I tried the bell no flat

Anyone try one of these, putting it in the rear tire instead of an air tube, so you never get flat tires? does it work, how hard is it to install? how much does it slow your bike down with the extra weight? I know it doesn't weight that much, but rolling weight is very different from non moving stationary weight.

thanks,

They are a pain to install. Only time I noticed the rolling drag was when I tried to pedal with out motor. Once the tube was installed I noticed the tire could be flexed side to side on the rim by hand. When motoring over uneven parts of the road [center dividing lines that are slighty domed] I could feel the tires shift and wobble. Took them off and replaced with thick thorn tubes inside armadillo kevlar tires

Things are going good with my my home made tire liners. I actually got a flat, apparently a small hole that looks like a nail did it. I'm surprised I didn't get more in the industrial area from glass and small sharp rocks. (hole shaped like the end of a deck nail with pinhole leak in center) But it was a pinhole that didn't go flat immediately. I rode for several miles on the flat, apparently. I wondered what the vibration was and figured it was the rough road since the chain was tight and the tire looked to be ok. I got back on and decided it must actually be low/flat because I felt the rim bottom on the ground. Still the tube was undamaged except for the hole, and the tire liner didn't get wound up in there. The rim was undamaged. I put in a new tube and have been riding again today.

I made mine from red 3" fiberglass&rubber backwash hose, marked Goodyear IRONSIDES Hong Kong.

If you want to try the foam non-pneumatic tubes, try this for getting them in.

Wipe the beads of the tires with Silicone spray lubricant (do this on a cardboard or outdoors, or your carpet will be ruined). Use 3-5 tire levers, esp the kind with the little hooks for the spokes. Install the tire partially, insert the tube, and try to put the other side in as much as possible. Put the tire levers under the bead, close by each other, and move several at a time about halfway towards setting the bead. Then work them one at a time the rest of the way over. Wipe up any silicone spray esp off of braking surfaces.

I tried a "no more flats" Walmart foam tube about 15 years ago. The ride was "mushy" and the tire wobbled a little. I didn't like it. Great for 12-16" kids bikes though. Might be just the thing for a warehouse bicycle or some industrial bike you ride short distances on (like from a dock to a parking lot far away).

Back