NO FLEX Hybrid mag wheels

• Thread starter Deleted member 32752
  • Start date
2 or 3 little drops of Loctite 609 will help prevent those outer races spinning. 609 is the easiest to release when it's time to change the bearings as it only requires a bit over 300 degrees to release, which can be achieved with a heat gun.

I've been running my 3 spoke mags for how long now, 3 years or so?...Original bearings, still totally solid, no slop, as tight as ever.

Ps...They have just a tad over 3,000 miles on them as of right now...lol.

So what exactly am I doing wrong here???...lol...lol.

Jayraye wheels were flexing damaging the bearing cups They progressively got worse
IDK maybe Jayraye's raked front end didn't help matters either - geometry

Yeah your mags might be fine since they don't flex like Jayraye's were and the geometry on you bike's front end is correct

2 or 3 little drops of Loctite 609 will help prevent those outer races spinning. 609 is the easiest to release when it's time to change the bearings as it only requires a bit over 300 degrees to release, which can be achieved with a heat gun.
Yeah 5 min JB weld will hold the bearings too, But I think the flexing mag will just ruin it anyways

It's the wobble besides the spinning bearing,
Problem of a Flexing mag wheel the bearing deforms the cup causing the bearing to spin and the wheel to wobble

I've been running my 3 spoke mags for how long now, 3 years or so?...Original bearings, still totally solid, no slop, as tight as ever.

Ps...They have just a tad over 3,000 miles on them as of right now...lol.

So what exactly am I doing wrong here???...lol...lol.
Probably not running as hard, the tri-spokes are more stable and your wheels may have been made from slightly better alloy.

The quality lottery is real, and we're all playing it.

The quality lottery is real, and we're all playing it.
I must be doing pretty well in the lottery then since I don't seem to ever get plagued with all these little annoying problems like others seem to always be experiencing.

As soon as Jayraye decided to drill into his mags and then add regular spokes to those mags of his, I just instinctively knew there was going to be wheel failure at the end of the road.

The three spoke mags are still the strongest and best built for these bikes...I keep telling folks this and they still want to buy 5, 6, and 10 spoke mags because they like the way they look better than the 3 spoke...I buy the three spoke because they work quite well and they will last.

Yeah 5 min JB weld will hold the bearings too, But I think the flexing mag will just ruin it anyways

It's the wobble besides the spinning bearing,
Problem of a Flexing mag wheel the bearing deforms the cup causing the bearing to spin and the wheel to wobble
That retaining compound will hold the outer race fast to that hole. It will eventually wear the cage and rollers as they will be the one taking all of the stress, but the hole itself won't take any damage. Sacrificing the wear item of the assembly, which is the point.

Sure, it doesn't solve the wheel flex issue, but seeing as we know that this is a flaw of the wheels that are well known to self- destruct themselves anyway, having bearings go bad is the least of your worries.

Sure, it doesn't solve the wheel flex issue, but seeing as we know that this is a flaw of the wheels that are well known to self- destruct themselves anyway, having bearings go bad is the least of your worries.
All I know for sure is that the sealed bearings in my 3 spokers are still rock solid and in place...Holding up nicely so far for a tad over 3,000 miles over the last three years or so.

I must be doing pretty well in the lottery then since I don't seem to ever get plagued with all these little annoying problems like others seem to always be experiencing.

As soon as Jayraye decided to drill into his mags and then add regular spokes to those mags of his, I just instinctively knew there was going to be wheel failure at the end of the road.

The three spoke mags are still the strongest and best built for these bikes...I keep telling folks this and they still want to buy 5, 6, and 10 spoke mags because they like the way they look better than the 3 spoke...I buy the three spoke because they work quite well and they will last.
Some people do get very lucky, some don't.

I for one never had any engine or transmission issues with mopar products.

But all 4 Taurus firearms failed within a box or rounds for me.

Back