no idea what to do

metalzombievi

Local time
7:31 PM
hay everyone, so it appears that i suck at measuring things because the motor kit i bought wont exactly fit in the bicycle frame i have.
the bottom tube is too fat for the stock mounts, and when i put on the extended mount the top of the engine wont fit under the top frame tube.
is it possable to maybe bend in the bottom tube a little bit on both sides so the stock mount will work?
should i drill/tap a new home in the bottom of the motor by the original mount screw hole?
i dont have the money to buy another nee bicycle so im not doing that. im also trying to not return the kit because itll just cost me more money than i will get back. i havent used the motor yet, just tried to fit it on the frame and now im stuck lol.
any input is helpfull

Any pics of the V? Guys here have done it all, help ya better if they have a clue about the spaces/frame shape.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

i hope those 3 pictures work and show whats needed. im doing this off of my phone. i know i can change the direction the spark plug is faceing so thats no problem, i did it earlier to see if that would work but with the wider mount on the top of the motor touched the upper tube. i just put it back incase i end up returning it

Last edited:
cut the bolts a bit, enough to clear sides of tube, not too much so you can still fasten them to a plate. bolt plate through centre of tube. might be a terrible idea...not sure. tricky.

I've done some like that, but don't recommend it - needs to have rear mount cut down and mods to front of motor or a couple dimples hammered into frame to clear standard stud width (and maybe longer studs) - after turning head, carb will also have to have a strange mounting out to the side.

Better to just get a bike that fits the motor.

if i were to dent in the bottom tube, would it mess with the overall strength of the tube and bike?

similar issue I had maybe, with room to play I fashioned spacers so no cut bolts. still don't know if it is considered a terrible idea or not...but hasn't been an issue for 4 years riding daily with off-roading good times.

Attachments

• 20150522_164509.jpg
    20150522_164509.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 184
Back