No More Flats Airless Tubes Experience

Baconator101

Local time
12:20 PM
Got sick of flat tires. Decided I would try these No Flat airless tubes. Here's my Experience. They are heavy and Firm enough for the front. Haven't got a chance to use them in the back yet , that air tube is still holding air..... After riding 20 miles with the front AIRLESS TUBE yesterday, I am farely certain the rear airless tube should do fine once it is installed. I weigh 240lbs for reference.

RIDE- The ride with the front installed was noticeably bumpier on dirt unmaintained roads, but if on flat ground/asphalt it is very smooth. Heavier tire means slower take off speed. I really couldn't notice an overall speed decrease besides take off, but I also don't have any instruments on my bike to be able to tell so Not 100% if any top end speed was lost. In short if speed is what you're after, these tubes are not for you. ***Application was to a no suspension beach cruiser.

INSTALL- Was easy and straightforward, easier than a regular air tube I'd say. Taking tube off, also simple. You can almost do it using just your hands, almost.

SUGGESTIONS- If you plan on using these tubes on your 26". And if you currently use tires sized 26x1.95 or 26x1.75 or 26x2.0 BUY the 26x2.125 airless tube. IMO It fits much better, tighter is better. You don't want that tube moving around all Willy nilly inside your tire, that won't be good.

Attachments

• IMG_20170502_240101010.jpg
    IMG_20170502_240101010.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 481
INSTALL- Was easy and straightforward, easier than a regular air tube I'd say. Taking tube off, also simple. You can almost do it using just your hands, almost.

SUGGESTIONS- If you plan on using these tubes on your 26". And if you currently use tires sized 26x1.95 or 26x1.75 or 26x2.0 BUY the 26x2.125 airless tube. IMO It fits much better, tighter is better. You don't want that tube moving around all Willy nilly inside your tire, that won't be good.
Corner hard and these solid tubes may come off..........
Other solid tubes came off the rim.

Last edited:
Corner hard and these solid tubes may come off..........
Other solid tubes came off the rim.

Honestly I've done real 1piece solids, they come off the rim and tear the fins and won't reinstall if you install incorrectly. The right size installed correctly can handle hard cornering and cutting in. The front tire is more prone to detaching due hard cornering and the rear more prone when cutting in.

I have 2" wide rims, nobody makes a solid for a fat tire I've found yet.

Last edited:
i tried it on my back tire for a build and hated it; it felt like i was riding on those old wooden wheels. it slows you down by 3-4 mph and acceleration is slower too. i couldnt even get it off so i had to replace the back wheel. i heard it is okay for one wheel if you have to absolutely have it due to road conditions but i would look at the multiple threads here that have good suggestions to avoid flats.

The thought of them coming off sideways when cornering crossed my mind. But like I said from the beginning of this thread, they aren't for speed. I have about 40~ miles on it. And I'm by no means scraping knee when turning. The bike setup I have will maybe do 20mph with a tailwind if I'm lucky. I wish you guys could see the meanass bushes and trail making I do though, and with peace of mind that I won't have to deal with a flat, ever. These hard yellow tubes are the route I took, and it's working for the intended purpose, while yes sacrificing some comfort, and acceleration and everything else that goes along with it. They just work for me!!!

Last edited:
Got sick of flat tires. Decided I would try these No Flat airless tubes. Here's my Experience. They are heavy and Firm enough for the front. Haven't got a chance to use them in the back yet , that air tube is still holding air..... After riding 20 miles with the front AIRLESS TUBE yesterday, I am farely certain the rear airless tube should do fine once it is installed. I weigh 240lbs for reference.

RIDE- The ride with the front installed was noticeably bumpier on dirt unmaintained roads, but if on flat ground/asphalt it is very smooth. Heavier tire means slower take off speed. I really couldn't notice an overall speed decrease besides take off, but I also don't have any instruments on my bike to be able to tell so Not 100% if any top end speed was lost. In short if speed is what you're after, these tubes are not for you. ***Application was to a no suspension beach cruiser.

I have been using liners for quite a while now, and I am in an area with goat heads (high desert), haven't had a flat yet.

Back