Tubes No More Flats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ranting here,
Why can't "they" make a good, heavy duty tire for bikes? Such weak, crappy tires on a motorcycle or scooter just wouldn't fly. DOT regs. should apply to bicycles too; somewhat.
I think...
OK, I'm done.
WC
Schwalbe fat frank , it's lined with kevlar , I ran that tire for a year without flat , had to change it out because it balded , about 40bucks a pop .

Hmm no more flats, now they need to work on no more stuffed spokes on rims
I got mags , but tannus armour is the best thing you can spend fifty bucks on , two years of no flats and I'm sure more , because someone jacked my bike , but it's the first thing I bought for my new build .

could just end up with a mess.trying to get them mounted with liquid rubber squirting out the side.just my thoughts.nothing beats a try but a failure as my dad would say.
You just let the cement dry , and it would probably work well , I would use contact cement , but basically it's the same deal.

The hole was in the side of the tube. Not really a hole, but more like an abrasion. It was a $2.59 tube so I believe it may have been defective. That and the fact that it was a balloon tire with a max psi of 35. I'm like 280 pounds and the tire looked really low, so it was riding on the sidewall most of the time which really makes it suceptible(sp) to punctures. I have since ordered a couple of acrobats that will inflate to 70 psi which should remedy the situation.

Now I have physical problems. Got clobbered by an suv while riding my wifes scooter. Doing 30 mph and an idiot turned left directly in front of me. BAM!!!!!
So now, I have a couple of cracked ribs and bruises and soreness through the whole of my body. It will be awhile before I get to try out the new tires, but I'm hopeful.
Acrobats , is that the name of the tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back