No More Kits

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
11:00 AM
A few days ago Whizzer USA announced the removal of motor kits from their price list. At that time myself & one other Whizzer dealer purchased the remaining inventory of kits from Whizzer USA. Because Whizzer is selling so many new motorbikes they just can't spare the motors for kits. Because they are no longer available it seems everybody now wants them , [just human nature I guess]. I have received approx 30 calls in the last few days looking for the motor kits, while it is true I still have ONE left, I am in no hurry to sell it. I am sure there are Whizzer dealers somewhere in America that have engine kits in stock, I just don't know which ones. If you are a dealer and have kits, contact me and I will refer potential buyers to you. There is even a possibility that some Whizzer dealers might even have the earlier WC-1 motor kit, which can be converted to the NE motor setup.
Good luck,
Quenton

:mad::mad::mad:I think they just shot themselves in the foot... I can't afford or justify buying a complete bike to strip it for the engine and related components, then try to make something back on the leftover carcass. I have a lot more to say, but I will leave it at that. Oh and I guess I have to go back to using Briggs engines, and weed whacker engines now. They just placed GEBE in the number one slot- I hope they realize this.:censored::censored::censored:

I asked Santa for one, I hope he can at least still get them. LOL. What a bummer, I don't need the whole bike. Have fun, Dave

Bummer!!!
Oh well, I hope that leaves the door open for something better in the future. You never know...or they might change their mind next year.

...I guess I have to go back to using Briggs engines, and weed whacker engines...
it feels better if you call them "utility" engines ;)

i can divulge now that there was an MBc think-tank that had contacted whizzer about a Whizzer-Lite. the initial response was mixed, and obviously the higher-ups have balked.

it also looks as if they have over-reacted, going so far as to cut off the fabricators and builders, people who've stood by Whizzer loyally for decades <---that's all i need to know about the company-leaders :sick::sick:

too bad about the whizzer philosophy...IMO, they've just firmly, and perhaps permanently, implanted themselves in the "novelty" market...talk about 'living in the past'...oh well, a 48cc Whizzer would have rocked the world

this country used to be known for it's risk-taking and fearless development of controversial ideas...

ok, what's "Plan-B" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately for us and the rest of the world there is no "Plan-b" at the moment,but who knows what's going to happen down the track(particularly with Gas/Petrol price increases and availability)
The Chinese are one of the VERY FEW manufacturers that are prepared to take any risk(risk=liability) in producing these small engines that are purpose-built for bicycles.....personally i think they don't give a rats if their sued but that's a good thing.
2008 is here soon,Dax's 4-stroke will be on the market.Let's hope people in power take notice and were flooded with choice......let's hope.
Whizzer are riding on the crest of a wave right now but nothing lasts forever....stratigies change as sales change.

I think there is a large market out there for a econ-o type kit. One thing I think would be fun would be a kit that would incorporate the inners from something like a small B&S. I'm talking about a set of castings machined ready to assemble. It could incorporate a clutch from one of the happy time engines, and some of the shafts. It would be best if it were one of the engines in every garage. Have fun, Dave

amen brothers!! long live free enterprise & the american way! we are the future & are leading the way, pay attention world!

Lack of Whizzer kits

Hi gang, (we are a bike gang, right?), it would be a help to me if we could get an honest rasing of hands, as to who might want to buy Whizzer engine kits. There MAY be some coming available, but I'd really like a bit of a market survey to get a feel for what the desire really is.

It IS absoultely true that Whizzer USA has announced ceasing the kits. But I have some ideas.

Mike

Back