No power help! No thread answers my question.

Ghosthunterjones

Local time
7:34 AM
Done just about everything I can think of or find in your forums. No leaks, kind of clacky on running. No power on hills at all. Will slowly gain speed on flat ground if I feather the throttle. Will not idle at all. There are a ton of miles on this build. Throttling up does not make a bit of difference, just runs really slow with no power. New magneto, new CDI, (the old one crapped out, and burnt out the magneto on its way out the door), good spark. I live in Vermont, been running my bike in very cold conditions, including snow, and its been losing power ever since. We had a warm up week, and it was still running poorly. At this point I am leaning toward it being the piston rings, magnet, or clutch pads, but don't know how to figure out which, or if it's something I have not thought of.

Dirty jet in carb is my guess. How's your fuel flow through your petcock and filter? Is your float set right? Bad clutch pads will still run fine just slip.

Jet is fine, flow seems fine, not sure how to re-adjust my float. It has about 700 miles on it, but this has been the first time I have tried to drive one through winter. It has run great until about three weeks ago. Dont know if the float will shift through use or weather, but if so, how do I correct it? Thanks for responding.

Did you take the magnet off when you changed the magneto? Was it running fine before the cdi and magneto were changed?

No, it was running like this, just not so bad. It was progressive. Not sure how to get the magnet off, seems fixed or something. It also kind of sounds like the Piston is tapping the plug, also a new issue.

32 to 1 the same I've been doing for years. I've incrementally gone up and down with the gas oil mix to check and see if that was the problem, and it's not. Adjusting the pain on my carb doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but it probably runs the best oh, and this is very poorly still, on the very bottom notch.

I just got off of work, and I'm going to go home and replace a filter on my line and my petcock valve when I get there as they have just come in the mail. Hopefully that will solve the issue, but I don't feel that it will.been running and working on these things for years and haven't quite had this kind of problem.

Replace the petcock replace the carb jet replaced the filter replaced the lines replaced the gas cap. No joy.

Back