No power to back tire

Navrothian

Local time
12:13 PM
Hi all, I have read enough to get me through installation and break in period, and everything was fine until today.

While driving, my back tire locked up almost causing me to wipe out. After taking off the gear cover I noticed some stainless steel in the grease there, kinda looked like the head of a small screw that got sheered off, along with clutch pad dust.

I cleaned it all out and got the back tire spinning again, but now no power is transferring from motor to back tire.

I took the clutch apart to make sure everything was ok, and it looks ok to my novice eyes.

If i jump bike with pedal in the garage, the back tire will spin and respond to throttle, but bike will not transfer power with any weight on bike.

I am at a loss now, can anyone be kind enough to provide me with next steps?

Thanks,

Nav

Sounds like when the chain locked up a woodruff key sheered off, I would take the right side cover off, the largest one, and roll the bike with the clutch set in drive and see if anything is spinning to figure where the break is.

There is no woodruff key under the gear that comes off the motor the small one. Just came back to post that i seen this and viewed your response. Thank you.

I suspect this is the piece of stainless i seen in the grease.

There is a woodruff key on the other side where i took the drive sprocket off.

Could it be this tiny piece of metal? Is this something that can be purchased local or does it have to be ordered online?

Thanks for your help

maybe the locking screw for the flower nut came out & now your clutch won't stay tight

Sounds like like you you sheered off the woodruff key in the small gear of the right side of the engine, or maybe the screw just came loose and it fell out.

If you still have it cool, if not the hadware store can fix you up.

When you screw the sprocket holding screw back in, you need to keep your piston from moving, just pull the plug and shove something like a broom handle or screw driver in the spark plug hole to keep the piston from moving while you tighten that small gear screw.

Guys thanks for the help. Quick trip to the store for a woodruff key had to get a bigger one and file it down to fit.

All reassembled and working fine again! Cant say thanks enough!!

Grubee skyhawk gta5
Solaris hybrid bike
1495558552304-1441519311.jpg

Back