No power

Zac

Local time
11:49 PM
So I took my bike out today, and it wouldn't start, just made a loud POP like something breaking, I'm pretty sure it was backfiring. I swapped carbs, and did adjustments, and then when I put my old cylinder head back on, it fired up. But it drives slow. It idles nice, but just doesn't go fast and has no power. I did adjust the throttle cable a little and it made it a little bit faster, but I'm not sure what else to do. Any help?

Ok has this engine ran like this since out of the box? Or is it something that just started? You mentioned swapping cylinder heads, did you get a cnc billet head? Have you checked squish clearance yet? I feel squish clearance is the most important thing on these engines.

Also if it doesn't go much when I give it gas could it be helped by running more lean or rich? I can swap jets and adjust the e clip

Also if it doesn't go much when I give it gas could it be helped by running more lean or rich? I can swap jets and adjust the e clip
Ok can you pull plug & get me pics of plug? You want to error on the rich side, never the lean side.

I do live in the mountains. I'm just running whatever the nt comes with, apprently a .70. I can't get a good pic of my plug, it hasn't been used much, but the prong has dark oil on it

Back