no spark! ahhhhhhh

Hi guys! wow lots of responses for one afternoon!

ok, so im going to re-install my Mag sometime today (im at work lol), and try to fire it up again. Was that the correct way to test the CDI? I cant remember where i saw in the book about 2.3 ohm, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

Fetor, where abouts is the best place to get plugs? Sprint Auto's would probably be ok, they are close to home too. (Port Adelaide Area).

Ok so, if it STILL doesn't fire, im just going to order new magneto and CDI. Even if my CDI is OK, at least I'll have a spare. I really need to get this running! :)

Cheers guys. Update soon.

I had mine filled with silicon and it still failed garage kept. Take cover off dry as a bone. My multi test reading was .300 on the number two on the horseshoe, setting. Which means it failed. Oh, ya and I used a real gasket that I hand cut out of gasket material. When I install my new magnito I am going to not even have a kill switch just in case that has something to do with it.

hey,

i have a spare CDI, as my plug broke,
believe it or not there's a spring in there and I saw it go ping,
and never saw it again, even after a thorough search.
Was like a fly on my hand...ping...

anyhow best of luck with the mag,
I awaiting mine too.

ws.:???:

Will_start,
Please tell me that you didn't buy a new CDI because the spark plug retaining clip popped off? All ya had to do was unscrew the wire and and replace it with a quality automative grade plug cable.

yep I bought what I knew would fix it for $xx.
I'm new to these kits but not to shopping for parts.

in life,
its easier to get the part you know will work, than dodgy something you made up as a substitute that will work for yourself.

especially if you have no knowledge of the motor.

I'm assuming you have a mechanical background,
and know alot about motors.

I know this is off topic but I learnt something recently,
when people learn a new skill,
they go through four stages of learning.

1. unknowingly unskilled.
2. knowingly unskilled
3. knowingly skilled.
4. unknowingly skilled.

the legends of a skill make it look so easy
as the advanced things to them become easy.

my humble.

will.:cool::cool:

Will_start,
Please tell me that you didn't buy a new CDI because the spark plug retaining clip popped off? All ya had to do was unscrew the wire and and replace it with a quality automative grade plug cable.

Will_start,

I wish there was a way to keep good threads up top. Had to go back to October to find this. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=3981&highlight=performance

Everyone before us has had the same problems and given us the solutions. I'll be the first to admit I don't now much and can't contribute too much. My bikes run because of what others have posted and figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, i haven't logged in since January! thats sad.

Just an update...... been going through alot lately, so haven't made time to tinker. But, there is a up side to this update, and thats i now have spark!! now just to get some fuel, and tidy a few last things up. Sweet!

Cheers
James

Back