No spark at plug unless I am touching spark plug

DiBlasiFred

Local time
3:20 AM
Tried to check the spark with plug removed by grounding it to the engine block and still connected to the coil. No spark until I happened to touch the base of the spark plug. No spark unless it grounds to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's a 2-stroke 49cc DiBlasi 7E minibike.

Add a another ground wire between the engine and frame and try again.

Tried adding a grnd wire (during my first try), still no spark..... In the dark, with spark plug out and connected to coil n grounded to engine, I did try with a variable speed drill as a starter to spin the flywheel and at low rpms got no spark but when I revved the rpms higher I got a spark, sometimes intermittent and continuous at times and weak and strong sparks. The front light on the bike comes on with a steady voltage, no flickering.

Parts for this bike are in Italy, sadly... so swapping out or even getting them is a pain and costly! Thus the DIY approach for now... Getting a continuous 25volts AC at the spark plug cap

These were the readings when the I had the engine running... now the AC (AC,AB in pix) voltage dropped to 25V and the ohms to 132 (BC now .4 ohms)

Attachments

• ReadingMagnetoAUG.jpg
    ReadingMagnetoAUG.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 130
These readings are still close to when it was running and not running... thinking it is OK still

Attachments

• ReadingTransducerCDI-DiBlasi7E.jpg
    ReadingTransducerCDI-DiBlasi7E.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 111
When you measure V on the DC scale what does it read?

Back