No spark? Checked CDI, plug and magneto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks. I've had a look into the engine body with a flashlight and the lower bearing seems to be complete, so I'll leave the body in one piece.

I'm considering flushing out any hidden metal pieces with WD40, might that cause problems?

it's in case bits of the small end bearing are stuck in the crank bearing, not in case the crank bearing grenaded too

WD40 is perfectly fine.

Ah, I see. I might open it up after all then. When I cycle the crank I can hear a faint knocking sound, so something is down there.

the two main bearings that are at each end of the crank - balls are held in place by metal cage that one cannot see inside

I wash them with gas, then soap & water, then rub a magnet on them to get metal out, but magnet won't pull aluminum shavings out.

heres the cure...

get a new engine!

its had it. dead. dodo. rubbish. throwaway. refuse. trash. junk. scrap.

you are wasting your time if you cant press the crank apart and back again to replace the lower conrod bearing.

finding someone that can...they will charge you more than the new engine is worth.

even doing it with the right tools is a challenge.

and of course, you still need a new cylinder, along with new bearings, new piston, new rings...

just saving you money ;)

hi so i have an xr200r 1991 and my problem is it dosent want to start . i have a spark .i have fuel .and i timed it. but i didnt know about the firing position ,would that cause it not to start ?

hi so i have an xr200r 1991 and my problem is it dosent want to start . i have a spark .i have fuel .and i timed it. but i didnt know about the firing position ,would that cause it not to start ?
this would go onto off topic, but

is it getting air? it could be a clogged air-filter causing it to not get air and no start.

Hi does anyone know what could be the problem with my bike it was running and then cut off changed the cdi and got a new relay but still has no spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back